PILOTS B314 - FS9 version

JSMR

We should all plan a SFO-HNL flight one day and fly online in our B314's. I think its only a 13 hour flight.

That way we can give moral support to not fall asleep at the wheel. All assist each other in navigation - mostly likely using the bubble sextant. Just match the bouncy ball. Easy. :p

Or find a way to do a 'shared cockpit' which I don't think is possible but would be cool. Mark and Robin can up up front. Just need a navigator and engineer.

I'll kinda overseer the whole operation from the rear of the cockpit with my beer and snacks. Just wake me up and let me know when you have Honolulu in sight.... ;)

@skywatch12

I'm NOT familiar with "PM" .

I give you my email address and you send me just a note so I can send you the ZIP file.

It is the easiest way to do.

gkcherry1@t-online.de

Don't worry, EVEN my email address points to Germany, but I'm located in Palm Beach County,Florida.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone find it WAY underpowered? Filling it with enough fuel for a long flight but still WELL under MTOW, even on full throttle, max prop RPM, at 1000 ft it still will barely maintain altitude, and mostly likely descend. I cant get it over 80 kts. So no chance of flying it any cruise power settings.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, as I cant find any info on this anywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yeah.

I have managed to do a little better, but nowhere near able to run the same cruise / prop settings listed in the manual.

35 in MP and 2200 rpm (both higher then recommended) on the prop to maintain about 125 IAS at 5-6000 ft. At 65,000lbs.

Manual says at 70,000 lbs, 8000 ft an economy cruise setting is 20 MP, 1600 rpm. 128 IAS

I’m below that weight, well above on power settings. If I reduce prop rpm from 2200 to 2100, I lose speed and can’t maintain height let alone using less MP.

‘Head scratch

ok, so an update after a short flight of 15 hours (holy moly. lol. 2am my time landing Hawaii at night which is not ideal or recommended!).

I needed to add fuel about 3/4's as I wouldn't have made it. I cant get anywhere near the recommended cruise speed with running it WELL above normal MP and Prop RPM numbers. So fuel burn is WAY higher then the PILOTS manual. I'm using 400 gallons per hour (total 4 engines). PILOTS manual says less then 200 gallons per hour.

If I lean according to the manual, then it cant maintain speed, and it bleeds off until it sinks into the ocean. Even a small amount.

The FDE seems pretty messed up and cant be flown even close to the manual.

Every flight I start regardless of add on is with the default flight.

The only way to fly semi close to the manual is to change the thrust scaler to 1.35 from 1.05 or something, reduce the parasite scaler so less drag and lower the fuel scaler. But then use MUCH higher MP and prop RPM.

This is of course for the PILOTS B314. Which does fly differently to the Calclassoc B314 which I also have. And I notice Tom your guidelines for that are quite different then the PILOTS manual.

I find your operator if procedures much better.

I’ve been messing around with the cfg trying to fix it. Not easy. But I’m wondering if it is because there was a Hotfix and Service Padk released to make the FDE Fs2004 compatible (since it was a FS2002 add-on)?

http://fsim.net/b314clipper/downloads.htm

Maybe I don’t have that. Because it doesn’t fly any where near what the manual says. It’s either a max power or near max 135-140 IAS cruise, or it drops off the speed completely until it enters a high sink and then stall. There’s no in between.

And you’ll see other issues I’ve mentioned on the take off and climb in previous posts.

Edited by JSMR