Mt. Shasta

djfierce

Love the powerful Mooney for a mission like this. I got to visit Shasta last summer, and was amazed by it's size.

From Wikipedia: Mount Shasta (Karuk: Úytaahkoo or "White Mountain") is a potentially active volcano at the southern end of the Cascade Range in Siskiyou County, California. At an elevation of 14,179 feet (4321.8 m), it is the second-highest peak in the Cascades and the fifth-highest in the state. Mount Shasta has an estimated volume of 85 cubic miles (350 km3), which makes it the most voluminous stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc. The mountain and surrounding area are part of the Shasta–Trinity National Forest.

shasta1.jpg

shasta2.jpg

shasta3.jpg

shasta4.jpg

shasta5.jpg

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Love the history and that paint job is great! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Outrun that Southwest huh? :o

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've been stressed out lately. I've come to confess that I did not name my post correctly. While I have been to Mt Shasta, this post really isn't about that.

This should have been labeled as Mt Rainier. Since I can't edit my post, I'm confessing it here. My apologies folks!

Mount Rainier (/reɪˈnɪər/), also known as Tahoma or Tacoma, is a large active stratovolcano in the Cascade Range of the Pacific Northwest, located in Mount Rainier National Park about 59 miles (95 km) south-southeast of Seattle.[4] With a summit elevation of 14,411 ft (4,392 m),[5][6] it is the highest mountain in the U.S. state of Washington and the Cascade Range, the most topographically prominent mountain in the contiguous United States,[7] and the tallest in the Cascade Volcanic Arc.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I think I've been stressed out lately. I've come to confess that I did not name my post correctly. While I have been to Mt Shasta, this post really isn't about that.

This should have been labeled as Mt Rainier. Since I can't edit my post, I'm confessing it here. My apologies folks!

Mount Rainier (/reɪˈnɪər/), also known as Tahoma or Tacoma, is a large active stratovolcano in the Cascade Range of the Pacific Northwest, located in Mount Rainier National Park about 59 miles (95 km) south-southeast of Seattle.[4] With a summit elevation of 14,411 ft (4,392 m),[5][6] it is the highest mountain in the U.S. state of Washington and the Cascade Range, the most topographically prominent mountain in the contiguous United States,[7] and the tallest in the Cascade Volcanic Arc.

Shasta, Rainier, etc. We're gaming here!! I have taken many a shot especially in Vietnam where I'd have been killed while shooting it RW!

My big issue is how close your sim comes to RW flying without the RW gunfire!!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Shasta, Rainier, etc. We're gaming here!! I have taken many a shot especially in Vietnam where I'd have been killed while shooting it RW!

My big issue is how close your sim comes to RW flying without the RW gunfire!!!

Michael

Good to see you sir! I'll admit, Vietnam is one place I don't recall visiting in the sim. Perhaps one day when I'm feeling brave! :D

- James