GPD on TBM 930 not working properly?

SpookyDiver

Sorry I meant to say GPS not GPD 8)

Hi everyone. First of all, I am not a Pilot (too old for that) 8(

I have been having issues while navigating using the GPS on the TBM 930. Regardless of how I entered the trip information, either manually or by loading a flight plan created @ the SimBrief website, the plane will not adjust the descent altitude while on auto pilot. I was watching somebody on a YouTube video saying that activating the VnV button should make the plane glide to next waypoint based on your flight plan, but on his video the button was not doing anything when pressed. He claimed that it is a bug. I checked on my FP and it shows each waypoint's altitude like it should.

I am flying at the hard mode settings, except for ice and fuel (that will come later ) 8)

My question is, am I doing something wrong, or the VNV feature is not working?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
I use Vertical Speed (VS) instead of VNV, and follow ATC instructions to climb or descend at around 1500fpm in the TBM. First set the Altitude, then click VS and rotate the VS wheel. I use the mouse wheel to rotate control knobs and wheels instead of clicking, I find it's quicker and more reliable.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the answer Tiger. That's what I've been doing pretty much. It just happened that today while looking for answers, I ran into an article that said that the new TBM 940 that just came out is the first that will feature automatic altitude changes and auto throttle. It also has Garmin's Home Safe feature that lands the plane automatically in case of pilot incapacitation. I did not read the whole article but it seems like it answers my question about the vnv and its use on the TBM 930.

So far I've been able to fly long trips and having the GPS keeping me on track and using Airports RNAV/GPS Sheets to plan my descents. I can get the GPS to line me up nicely to the proper runway.

I been avoiding using ATC for the time being since I have so much to learn I am taking one step at a time.

Are there any GA Aircrafts in MSFS that will use the waypoints to change altitudes automatically or that feature is only available on commercial planes?

I love the simulator, it keeps this old fart's brain from going dormant. 8)

Thank you again!

Gil

Are there any GA Aircrafts in MSFS that will use the waypoints to change altitudes automatically or that feature is only available on commercial planes?

Hi Gil, the only one I can think of which might do is the Citation CJ4 with the Working Title mod: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.7.2 - I'm not sure because I've never tried VNV in the CJ4 (which I use most of the time) and haven't seen it mentioned in the Working Title features list.

Glad you're enjoying the sim and learning new tricks along the way (like the rest of us!).

Thanks for the info on the TBM 940, I haven't seen any details about that yet - I've just read up on the King Air 360 which has very similar features - hopefully there'll be a payware version of each one with those features actually working in the near future.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64