Useful to mention where MSFS2020 was purchased from?

There are so many posts with various CTD issues, files missing etc. Then there are posts from others who say, "I've got no problems" (I'm one of those). I'm wondering if it would be useful to note when you post whether you got the sim from Steam or the MS Store.

A week or so before the sim came out I saw some YouTube comments about people preferring Steam to the MS Store, so that's where I got mine. The download & install went great and I've had no CTD issues.

Thoughts?

I don’t think it’s relevant. CTD’s are more likely to be down to other things.. like USB conflicts.. drivers..hardware,, etc. Not to mention the odd bug in the sim itself.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

i used steam everything went great but about a 2 weeks later or so i had a problem with my motherboard. After replacing it with the same one i was no longer able to run fsm. I uninstalled it and then the problems started, it would not download again. So after a week or so and back and forth with steam we could not fix it, i got so fed up i went to the ms store and downloaded it and repaid for it and its been working ever since.

Meanwhile steam would not refund my money they say it went past the return date, even though there is proof of tech problems from week 2 they wont refund it....

windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3