Update 1.10.7.0

Since installing update 1.10.7.0 yesterday, I have flown two routine flights.

Both ended in CTDs after about 10 minutes of flight time.

This is not a good sign. I've had no CTD issues prior to this.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

Lots of problems reported for some users on CTD, before starting and after. Likely some USB/conflict issues. MS says they are working on a fix that will be out today. I had no problems to date, until this update. Mine was caused by a profile for a throttle, but it is glitchy even with that fixed. I hope it is an easy fix for MS.

seems to be working ok my end, just did a flight from Manchester to Iceland no CTD

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I had the same issues. CTD after about 10-15 mins. Never had CTD prior to this update.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Hi, no CTD on my end yet. I noticed better handling it seems, joystick less touchy. I left the “Neutral” settings as they were and actually lessened the sensitivities across the board (generally from -60 or so to about -40 ish on everything). Will report back if I get CTD’s.

Thank, Mike

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

I seem to have a problem with it looping and being unable to finish. The update is only about 6GB, but it starts looping at around 2 so I'm stuck. I think it had something to do with putting it on pause because it was working fine until doing that..

Some of the recommendations are to uninstall and re-sinstall, which seems crazy. Have tried Netlimiter and that doesn't work unless I'm not using it correctly. I really do not want to go about reinstalling a 100+ GB program. Any suggestions? It seems they should have fixed this by now. Thanks..

Well, update 1.10.8.0 seems to have remedied the CTD issues that 1.10.7.0 seemed to be causing. Two extended flights since the latest update and no CTDs.

Encouraging, but time will tell.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

Try the following if you have CTD problems:

Empty the rolling cache in the data options – that's always worth a try ;-)

Empty the community folder – especially the airplane mods.

Only use those airplane mods that have the update fix.

Good luck

Pino

President of the woh|group

Each update has made improvments to my flights. The latest one has definatey made the air craft more stable and the auto pilot functions operational with no problems. I have not installed any add-ons created by anyone. I will wait a while. Lets give Microsoft a chance to get this sim working correctly, before we keep adding new aircraft ect ect....You could be causing your own problems. Hell, what do I know, other than the fact that I have only had one computer crash since I have owned this simulator....I mean I have crashed air craft....but not my computer.

Hobbitrocks

Try the following if you have CTD problems:

Empty the rolling cache in the data options – that's always worth a try ;-)

Empty the community folder – especially the airplane mods.

Only use those airplane mods that have the update fix.

Good luck

I have 1.10.8, and it's still crashing when I try to take off from Las Vegas. I'll try these two things and see if it helps. I hope so.

I tried both. Deleting the rolling cache didn't help. Removing the planes in my community folder did! So that was my problem. Thanks a million!

Edited by shb7

So now everytime there's an update, we have to update all our add on planes and liveries. That's not good.

It may not be good, but it is normal procedure in any game or sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No it`s not! I can name several games which received substantial updates, and never needed reinstallatoin, just a reboot.

Name half a dozen that followed this route! The Asobo route is atypical!

I find that hard to believe. What happens if the company goes out of business. All of it's addons will eventually stop working. I'm suprised planes in my community folder, that I weren't even using, crashed my game. I would think it's asobo's responsibility to continue to support older versions.

I find that hard to believe. What happens if the company goes out of business. All of it's addons will eventually stop working. I'm suprised planes in my community folder, that I weren't even using, crashed my game. I would think it's asobo's responsibility to continue to support older versions.

If a third party add on company goes out of business while the sim is still in active development, then yes those add ons will become obsolete and Asobo has no responsibility to take over their further development. The freeware mods (add ons) are all actively supported by their creators and some are updated with hours of a new patch being released by Asobo. The A32NX mods take a day or two to update so it's worth checking the forums over at flightsimulator.com on a daily basis for news on the latest updates to any mods you have currently installed.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64