Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update 1.10.7.0

Each update has made improvments to my flights. The latest one has definatey made the air craft more stable and the auto pilot functions operational with no problems. I have not installed any add-ons created by anyone. I will wait a while. Lets give Microsoft a chance to get this sim working correctly, before we keep adding new aircraft ect ect....You could be causing your own problems. Hell, what do I know, other than the fact that I have only had one computer crash since I have owned this simulator....I mean I have crashed air craft....but not my computer.

Hobbitrocks

Quote Originally Posted by stehle View Post
    Try the following if you have CTD problems:

Empty the rolling cache in the data options – that's always worth a try ;-)
    Empty the community folder – especially the airplane mods.
    Only use those airplane mods that have the update fix.

Good luck
    I have 1.10.8, and it's still crashing when I try to take off from Las Vegas. I'll try these two things and see if it helps. I hope so.

I tried both. Deleting the rolling cache didn't help. Removing the planes in my community folder did! So that was my problem. Thanks a million!
    Last edited by shb7; 11-06-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Latest update seems to have opened a new can of worms for me. If ant any time I go to the options screen and select General it immediately CTD's - wow is that frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    seems to be working ok my end, just did a flight from Manchester to Iceland no CTD
    One successful flight does not mean it's working. I'm suprised you don't know that.

So now everytime there's an update, we have to update all our add on planes and liveries. That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    So now everytime there's an update, we have to update all our add on planes and liveries. That's not good.
    It may not be good, but it is normal procedure in any game or sim.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    No it`s not! I can name several games which received substantial updates, and never needed reinstallatoin, just a reboot.

Name half a dozen that followed this route! The Asobo route is atypical!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    I find that hard to believe. What happens if the company goes out of business. All of it's addons will eventually stop working. I'm suprised planes in my community folder, that I weren't even using, crashed my game. I would think it's asobo's responsibility to continue to support older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    I find that hard to believe. What happens if the company goes out of business. All of it's addons will eventually stop working. I'm suprised planes in my community folder, that I weren't even using, crashed my game. I would think it's asobo's responsibility to continue to support older versions.
    If a third party add on company goes out of business while the sim is still in active development, then yes those add ons will become obsolete and Asobo has no responsibility to take over their further development. The freeware mods (add ons) are all actively supported by their creators and some are updated with hours of a new patch being released by Asobo. The A32NX mods take a day or two to update so it's worth checking the forums over at flightsimulator.com on a daily basis for news on the latest updates to any mods you have currently installed.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12