new update - sensitivities really awful this time

the new update made the planes unflyable for me. First step, adjust the sensitivities in game, helps a bit. Then have to go into each plane's config files individually and fix what microsoft "fixed," some of their "fixes" were anything from hilarious to horrendous this time. I suppose I should have isolated the planes before doing the update, will certainly do so next time. So far I've got the 172 flying decently again, probably do the three or four others I use regularly one at a time. (I'm not gonna detail the config fixes unless anyone wants them. It's a pain in the ass process).

I just flew KFMZ to KOLU in the DA40NG and it behaved very nicely, improved smoothness in fact.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

some of the faster planes seem fine. My problems seem to be with the 172 and similar planes. After calibrating controllers and adjusting in game sensitivities, I find it necessary to find the aircraft config file, then reduce elevator and elevator trim effectiveness by a half to two thirds. The path to the aircraft config file varies depending on installation. Mine is users-user name-app data-roaming-microsoft flight sim-packages-official-steam-asorbo aircraft-sim objects-airplanes-click on the plane you want to modify-then sim objects-airplanes-the airplane file - then open the flight model config file. I just use wordpad for this.

The new update changed the way control sensitivities are adjusted, so I had to redo my setups as shown below:

rudder pedals.JPGyoke.JPG

This is working for me. If someone thinks otherwise, I would like to see their solution.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Art, the problem seems to be every different hardware setup will need different adjustments. My sensitivities seem about right??
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

the new update made the planes unflyable for me. First step, adjust the sensitivities in game, helps a bit. Then have to go into each plane's config files individually and fix what microsoft "fixed," some of their "fixes" were anything from hilarious to horrendous this time. I suppose I should have isolated the planes before doing the update, will certainly do so next time. So far I've got the 172 flying decently again, probably do the three or four others I use regularly one at a time. (I'm not gonna detail the config fixes unless anyone wants them. It's a pain in the ass process).

Yes, any changes you make to the cfg files you have to back up because they may be overwritten. Apparently asobo doesn't know people make their own changes.

Edited by shb7

I like these, though my poor, tired, creaky old joystick needs a 10 or 15 percent dead zone - kinda like old cars were back in the 60s and 70s, whole bunch of slack in the steering wheel, just had to compensate for it.

Hopefully it is only the joysticks which are picked up and configured automatically by MSFS. My CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle were recognised, but not auto-configured. So I had to allocate axes and buttons myself, hopefully all of those would have been left alone by the update and still the same as I had them?
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

This is my experience also; the Cessna 152 and172 are much better now. I am using CH yoke and rudder pedals. My one problem so far identified is that the purple targets in Activities no longer displays.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I flew a couple of planes without doing anything on the sensitivity adjustments to get a sense on what Asobo thinks the experience should be. Well, so far C152, Cirrus SR22, JMB VL3 and the Vírus SW121 seem a way better than before. I’ve even removed the mods I was using before the patch. But ok I need more testing but here it looks like things improved a bit.

Also, reflections improved a lot. Water is better but, IMHO, it is still not on par with the textures from original version. I liked a lot the TXAA anti-alias setting. Got rid of sharp/blinking textures. And at night, textures lighting is better but seems heavier too.

I thought it would be the joysticks too, however. I switched to just the keyboard and the with the elevator going up it still would not take off till over 80 knots.

I've got it over 97 knots, still can't take off.

If I need to config something differently, don't mind doing it, just not sure what to adjust??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Something in a USB is setting the trim to full down. Mine isn't doing this so it is a controller or a controller conflict in USB.

I posted this in the other thread.

Unplug your joystick from the USB. Unplug your keyboard from USB. reinstall the keyboard. Run CCleaner if you have it. Reboot your computer. now plug the joystick back into USB. Go into Windows 10 and calibrate the joystick. Now fire up MSFS and see if that fixed it.

BTW, make sure your joystick is compatible with the USB slot you chose. If it is older, it may not like a USB 3 slot, try a USB 2 slot.

Edited by plainsman

Something in a USB is setting the trim to full down. Mine isn't doing this so it is a controller or a controller conflict in USB.

I posted this in the other thread.

Unplug your joystick from the USB. Unplug your keyboard from USB. reinstall the keyboard. Run CCleaner if you have it. Reboot your computer. now plug the joystick back into USB. Go into Windows 10 and calibrate the joystick. Now fire up MSFS and see if that fixed it.

BTW, make sure your joystick is compatible with the USB slot you chose. If it is older, it may not like a USB 3 slot, try a USB 2 slot.

Saw that post, thx :)

Unfortunately, did not help at all :(

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality