Starting fs2020 faster if possible?

This is not the time to experiment with gimmicky mods to the program! It is very early in the release! Keep it as stock and simple as possible! There may be dependencies that don't show up until you crash unexpectedly, and it is much harder to fix if you have done this kind of mod while updates are rapidly being generated. Are you on a fast SSD? If you are on a HD, it really needs a fast SSD or M.2.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I read somewhere that by not loading certain scenery etcetera, during startup, startup happens much faster.

Is that true?

Certainly having an empty Community folder makes a big difference - I have around 100 mod folders and if they are present loading to the "press any key" screen (before the current update) took around 15 minutes but with an empty community folder, 1 minute 10 secs. I hope that Asobo can do something to make this less of a problem otheriwse the add-on community is going to feel hamstrung.

Certainly having an empty Community folder makes a big difference - I have around 100 mod folders and if they are present loading to the "press any key" screen (before the current update) took around 15 minutes but with an empty community folder, 1 minute 10 secs. I hope that Asobo can do something to make this less of a problem otheriwse the add-on community is going to feel hamstrung.

First, in reply to a previous post: to start the sim with an empty,or nearly empty, Community folder is not a "gimmicky mod". Remember that the MSFS program comes with that folder empty, so you can hardly do harm by reverting to that state.

Second, many users including me have found addon managers to be extremely useful, as they allow you to easily control what scenery is loaded into Community prior to each MSFS session, I use the freeware program by Bad_M (I think) which is much discussed in another thread on this forum. This tremendously reduces startup time, and has another benefit as well: my addon scenery is now stored in a different drive from MSFS, which frees up that drive for other uses (such as the frequent MSFS patches).

All that is placed in Community by the addon manager are links to the actual scenery folders, which is an ingenious way of saving time and disk space.