If you are only using it for flight simulation, it would probably be more immersive. If you use the computer for other things like writing documents, it might be distracting? It is more a matter of taste, what you like. I don't use one, but I use the computer for other things as well.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I know people who had a curved monitor for work and quite liked them, at least for the ultra wide models. It keeps the corners of the monitor at a similar distance from your eyes as the middle of the screen, which can be noticeable.

I recently upgarded from a 32" 1440p flat to a 35" 1440p curved. It took a day or two to get used to, but it seems perfectly natural to me now. Recommend keeping it at least 30" to 34" from your eyes for normal PC usage. But, I'm down to 24" for MSFS and it looks great. Even better is if you do any sim racing. I have Assetto Corsa and it's incredibly immersive. Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I know people who had a curved monitor for work and quite liked them, at least for the ultra wide models. It keeps the corners of the monitor at a similar distance from your eyes as the middle of the screen, which can be noticeable.

I agree. Having said that, I much prefer multiple monitors for office work, I use three 19"s and a 7".

Multiple monitors gives you the ability to up various programs, spreadsheets, etc. at a time and work on one while referring to another. Often doing a report or letter on the center screen and having a spread sheet or two or maybe a document on another screen is a huge advantage.

Over a period of years for office work I've found multis very valuable. So when I took up Flight Sims again I found I could use the center monitor for a cockpit or virtual cockpit view. Then use the left and right monitors to show the left and right wing view which I trim in to the edges of the cockpit view for an almost 3d type affect.

Another advantage to multis is I want to look down, forwards, back, whatever I can do that on a side screen and not lost the cockpit view. The smaller monitor works for instruments, GPS, radio panel, or whatever else you need without interfering with the 3 main screens. ;)

Sadly 2020 doesn't feature multi screen useage yet!As they are constantly doing "upgrades," I hope they'll go back to what they were doing with multis at least with FS9 and FSX. BTW:, they also work fine with P3D and a ton of other non sim related software.

From my shopping, I have found it cheaper to buy three (3) multis than one super large screen and curved ones are more expensive yet! If you haven't dropped your quarter yet I strongly urge you to at least consider a multi monitor setup!

(And to loki's point all of my three screens are similar distance from my face.)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I upgraded from a 24” flat to 32” curved a few weeks ago and have the 24” as a second monitor. I use them for both simming and work and very happy with it. You forget that it’s curved. I got a gigabyte one. I think curved helps when sitting so close to a big screen.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

I have one and love it so much I will never ever go 4K. Mine is a 3440x1440 and it is awesome when using the Smooth track application on my phone, because I have to turn my face anyway to look at the corner of my screen. When / If my monitor goes bad on me, it is going to be another wide screen, but a much larger than the one I have now (Alienware.)

I have a curved 32" LG 3440x1440 21:9 monitor that I use for flight simming and all other PC tasks. I love it for FS, and all website/text pages can be reduced to a square format filling only the height of the screen. I think the curve helps readability across the screen,