new update has arrived

will uninstall all and reinstall hoping Contenmanager has more then just 2 planes and nothing else and hopefully get Market Place back so I can install the senery I bought ha.......................... well here goes nothing.................................well let you know the outcome

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Lot's of people at Avsim and on the Steam forum reporting the game won't even load fully before encountering a CTD. Downloading now, will see what happens.

Oh no! good luck... I did not have enough space on the C drive witch ha forced the initial install to ask for another directory I directed it to the D drive this time will let you know what the result is.......

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

One hour to install. One visual hiccup during first startup, but no CTD. Everything looking okay.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Same here. No problems, did the Halloween Landing Challenge - great fun!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

25 minutes from opening MSFS and getting the update notice to complete installation.

Restarted, loaded in 1/2 the normal time - no "Any Key".

All settings retained. Gained 7-8 fps over the last version.

nVidia RTX 3070 ordered from Best Buy at 8:06am (cdt). Order confirmed, Delivery to local store on Nov. 3.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I did a full, clean install & its all working fine at the moment. Just had a quick flight & no CTDs etc

It’s so good that we no longer have to press any key on startup :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I've done one "hot" start (post patch) and two cold start (clean boots) of the sim and not had any issues fingers and toes firmly crossed). Admittedly the only third party mod have is the A320 one which I evicted from the community folder prior to letting the patcher rip.

So it's a bit of an odd one for sure, just relieved to be on the right side of the issue for once.

Vern.

At last, I thought, as I read this thread - a fresh update, the weeks-old problem of 'Servers are unavailable, please try later' has been sorted. Did the fresh download from the MS Store, pressed Play. Went through the usual loading up stuff, though no 'Press any key '. Well, did we wait all this time just for that? Then heartsink, the familiar 'ERROR - Servers are unavailable....blah blah.' ' Click here for more help' - the article on how to solve the issue, which doesn't work, was posted by them on 5th October.

Clearly they've not addressed the ERROR, and I suspect many folks out there will be fuming - what's the good in them fixing a few imperfections if many of us can't even get into the sim at all? It's back to submitting a ticket to Zendesk, getting an automated acknowledgement, and waiting several more weeks for another update - and what will that do?

22 minutes start to welcome screen. I flew the DA40NG from KFMZ to KOLU and it flies a bit smoother now. My CPU usage increased from ~17-18% up to ~22-23%. My GPU and Memory usage was unchanged. The vsync seems better implemented, as the 30fps I have set is now much smoother on the lock. The graphics seem just a bit improved??

NebraskaMSFS1.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The Halloween flight was nice - took me two attempts to eyeball the airport.

However 747 AP still resolutely broken. Now seems to hold altitude but continues hunting on the flight path vector. All flight plan lost on reloading saved game. Eventually got the FMC to accept destination airport, but will not fly the ILS approach and just heads straight for the field.

Vern.

It occurred to me to check windows 10 update, GOOD CALL the fix was ready for download! install the sim again and my soul fell out of my body crashing to the floor!... Still no Market Place still only two props in Content Manager.... only one thing had changed for me, I was able to activate live weather and live players..... I did the Halloween flight ended with crash to desktop!.... So decided to fire up the sim from the XBox app.... GOOD CALL! on loading it checked for updates that was a good sign, arrived at the home screen and the market place was there plus everything is now in the Content Manager..... I'm now doing a 30 GB update from the content manager.... off for tea and cake yeah I'm a lot happier now.... trying to figure out in my head why the sim loads correctly from the XBox app and not from the MS Store..........Halloween2020.jpg Edited by daspinall

New update, and now I only have the default textures, no more repaints...what's this?

You need to move the addons back into the community folder then relaunch the sim.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Well, since my previous rant about spending weeks being unable to get past the ERROR message ('Servers unavailable...') we now have success. Only possible by signing out of MS, then starting the sim from the MS Store. Required to sign in again, at which point it brought up a different 'install' page, which took about 45 mins. Then...successful start-up!

It seems to have preserved most of my settings, which is a relief. A quick flight in the TBM from EGBJ to EGDD, in the teeth of storm Emma, seemed all OK.

Now a bit baffled when trying to download the Japan World Update. The Buy and Download button is greyed out. Any suggestions?

USB controllers and USB hubs can cause this CTD issue. Try unplugging your USB controllers and any USB hubs, then re-launch the sim. Plug the controllers/hubs back in one by one to find the culprit.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

will uninstall all and reinstall hoping Contenmanager has more then just 2 planes and nothing else and hopefully get Market Place back so I can install the senery I bought ha.......................... well here goes nothing.................................well let you know the outcome

My Flybywire A32n no longer works .MCDU disabled and APU not available.

I spend more times fault finding than flying with this sim.