Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: new update has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by vaaercoupepilot View Post
    What version of MSFS 2020 are most of you guys using?
    Is the premium version any better than than the standard or deluxe versions?
    I have a brand new Dell G5 gaming computer setting in the box to install, then order and install MSFS 2020.
    My present PC ( desktop with TripleHead2Go with three 22 inch Samsung monitors) is a Dell E521 that is incapable of using Windows 10 and still using Windows 7 Pro, which is not capable of installing or using MSFS 2020.

From what I am reading here, some of you guys are having quite a few problems.
    This new Dell G5 gaming computer was ordered special so it would easily handle MSFS 2020.
    I do not have XBox controls but standard CH products yoke and rudder pedals.
    Is anyone using these and what are your results?

It is my intentions to purchase the MSFS 2020 premium edition and installing it.
    I presently have the MSFSX edition installed on my Windows 7 PC.
    I also am an RC airplane builder-flier and have Real Flight 8 installed which runs fine.

I special ordered this new Dell G5 just so I could use MSFS 2020 as I am also an FAA licensed private pilot and own and fly a vintage full scale Ercoupe.
    I just rejoined Flightsim.com after being absent from it for 6 years or more
    I would appreciate any comments anyone may want to share with me.
    Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my comments here.

If you want the bells and whistles then go premium Delux, otherwise, go for the standard, then add planes and airports as you wish.....
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    4x8GB = 32GB DDR4 Vengeance LXP 2400MHz
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP

Seems the default A320 has also picked up the spinning knob bug of the 747. One or two clicks on the AP setting knobs causes them to continue rotating on their own.

Oh and settled into steady, level AP all of a sudden the A320 just started rocking/wallowing from side to side, wings alternately dipping and lifting.
    Vern.

Ercoupepilot, the new version is a massive rewrite, and as such, the commands and control functions of the older versions FS2000-FSX, are no longer going to work. You will need to relearn the command keys and things like the autopilot work very differently than before. A substantial part of the "problems" you reference, are people who want things to work like they did before. It is just a learning curve. There are still glitches here and there, but most of the big "problems" are user generated by doing things like swapping out a MB or downloading addons that create conflicts. The scenery is spectacular! There are frequent large updates at this point.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post

... settled into steady, level AP all of a sudden the A320 just started rocking/wallowing from side to side, wings alternately dipping and lifting.
    Had this happen to me. Quite spectacular.
    Solution: Turn off AP. Wait 3 seconds. Turn on AP.

*Note - I was at CRZ ALT and it seemed to happen when the weather conditions changed slightly (I run real weather). I suspect either a new weather "area" or a weather update, changing the sim conditions sets off this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
    Had this happen to me. Quite spectacular.
    Solution: Turn off AP. Wait 3 seconds. Turn on AP.

*Note - I was at CRZ ALT and it seemed to happen when the weather conditions changed slightly (I run real weather). I suspect either a new weather "area" or a weather update, changing the sim conditions sets off this bug.
    Okay I will try that, I think the wind direction might have shifted slightly.

Also read elsewhere, although it *shouldn't* affect AP flight it looks as if the update has reset sensitivity settings etc. so something might have been ghosting through.

Still a bug for Asobo to nail, though.
    Vern.

6. Default

My Halloween Challenge is greyed out and unusable, but everything else seems normal as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Check your Content Manager list and see if it's in there to download?
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

My Cessna 172 will not take off. Same as Andy.
    Last edited by jonahbird; 10-30-2020 at 07:21 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbird View Post
    My Cessna 172 will not take off. Same as Andy.
    Recheck your controller calibrations and sensitivities.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Hi, I have the Premium Deluxe version, but only because I wanted all 39 aircraft etc. I use old CH Products pedals & the work fine. I used to have a CH Products Yoke LE & I’m sure it was ok to use (I used it briefly with the MSFS alpha)

Regards
    Steve
    Hi steve you did better than me I only have 30 must be missing some .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast