Is There A New XPlane Coming ????

learpilot

I have been using MSFS 2020 and although the scenery is spectacular nothing else is good and whatever else works it doesn't work very well.I am so disappointed that I tried the Xplane 11 demo and I thought it worked very well and the planes actually fly like they are supposed to.

I have been using MSFS 2020 and although the scenery is spectacular nothing else is good and whatever else works it doesn't work very well.I am so disappointed that I tried the Xplane 11 demo and I thought it worked very well and the planes actually fly like they are supposed to.

11.5 is the latest, lots of fun now with Vulcan, sharper images, lots of add-ons available. Aircraft fly like they are suppose to, not as forgiving as MSFS. I am having lots of fun with it.

• 3 months later...
I decided to give X-Plane a try because MSFS doesn't seem stable enough and just buying, downloading and setting up are a monstrosity. I bought the X-Plane DVD and downloaded the continental US and CA in less than a half an hour. After that it took an hour or so to set up and I took my first "Flight School" flight. Which btw I didn't find very helpful. It's more difficult to fly than I'd expected and nothing like I remember in a real 172/152 but I'm actually flying and not waiting on hold for it to download. And I have the whole thing in the set of DVD's and don't have to wrestle with MS trying to fix things. I can do a fresh install very quickly if need be. I'll get back to MSFS in a year or so once it's more stable.
Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

I'll see tour 2020 concern and raise it another. They are apparently so concerned about selling to X-Box users that more than one screen isn't an option and I was told it wasn't even being considered for now.

They have pushed "virtual reality" out pretty fast but I'm not big on having a cellphone strapped over my face. And it still is just one screen.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I'll see tour 2020 concern and raise it another. They are apparently so concerned about selling to X-Box users that more than one screen isn't an option and I was told it wasn't even being considered for now.

They have pushed "virtual reality" out pretty fast but I'm not big on having a cellphone strapped over my face. And it still is just one screen.

Michael

No, that's not what you were told at all. Multiple screen support for MSFS is being worked on as we speak, as is shown in the weekly development updates.

VR was added because people pushed for it, not because MS or Asobo decided to add it on their own. In fact, they weren't even going to bother at first.

No, that's not what you were told at all. Multiple screen support for MSFS is being worked on as we speak, as is shown in the weekly development updates.

VR was added because people pushed for it, not because MS or Asobo decided to add it on their own. In fact, they weren't even going to bother at first.

I never said I was told anything about multiple screens by you. I was told that in response to a question I asked directly on one of their online Q/A forums.

BTW: What do I/we need to do to get/receive weekly updates? I'm obviously not in that loop.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I never said I was told anything about multiple screens by you. I was told that in response to a question I asked directly on one of their online Q/A forums.

BTW: What do I/we need to do to get/receive weekly updates? I'm obviously not in that loop.

The point is that you were provided with the correct info here, including by myself and others, yet persist in stating they don't care about multiple screens. It's fine if the sim doesn't currently meet your needs, but no one is helped by spreading false info.

They post the weekly updates on the official website every Thursday, and Nels posts on the front page here when they do. Included in those updates are lists of the top 20 or so features and bugs, of which multiple screen support is ranked third and marked as being worked on (probably closely related to the DX12 update and optimization work they are doing).

Here's the update from last week.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/february-4th-2021-development-update/