Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Is There A New XPlane Coming ????

  1. #1

    Default Is There A New XPlane Coming ????

    I have been using MSFS 2020 and although the scenery is spectacular nothing else is good and whatever else works it doesn't work very well.I am so disappointed that I tried the Xplane 11 demo and I thought it worked very well and the planes actually fly like they are supposed to.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Recent update to X-Plane 11 was 11.50 a few weeks ago, so no immediate updates?
    My latest video at The Flight Level - The Everest Experience - Cinematic - Himalayan Mountains and Glaciers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZcLHxQVls&t=323s

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
    I have been using MSFS 2020 and although the scenery is spectacular nothing else is good and whatever else works it doesn't work very well.I am so disappointed that I tried the Xplane 11 demo and I thought it worked very well and the planes actually fly like they are supposed to.
    11.5 is the latest, lots of fun now with Vulcan, sharper images, lots of add-ons available. Aircraft fly like they are suppose to, not as forgiving as MSFS. I am having lots of fun with it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I decided to give X-Plane a try because MSFS doesn't seem stable enough and just buying, downloading and setting up are a monstrosity. I bought the X-Plane DVD and downloaded the continental US and CA in less than a half an hour. After that it took an hour or so to set up and I took my first "Flight School" flight. Which btw I didn't find very helpful. It's more difficult to fly than I'd expected and nothing like I remember in a real 172/152 but I'm actually flying and not waiting on hold for it to download. And I have the whole thing in the set of DVD's and don't have to wrestle with MS trying to fix things. I can do a fresh install very quickly if need be. I'll get back to MSFS in a year or so once it's more stable.
    Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
    I have been using MSFS 2020 and although the scenery is spectacular nothing else is good and whatever else works it doesn't work very well.I am so disappointed that I tried the Xplane 11 demo and I thought it worked very well and the planes actually fly like they are supposed to.
    I'll see tour 2020 concern and raise it another. They are apparently so concerned about selling to X-Box users that more than one screen isn't an option and I was told it wasn't even being considered for now.

    They have pushed "virtual reality" out pretty fast but I'm not big on having a cellphone strapped over my face. And it still is just one screen.

    Michael

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Getting warmer now
    Posts
    8,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I'll see tour 2020 concern and raise it another. They are apparently so concerned about selling to X-Box users that more than one screen isn't an option and I was told it wasn't even being considered for now.

    They have pushed "virtual reality" out pretty fast but I'm not big on having a cellphone strapped over my face. And it still is just one screen.

    Michael
    No, that's not what you were told at all. Multiple screen support for MSFS is being worked on as we speak, as is shown in the weekly development updates.

    VR was added because people pushed for it, not because MS or Asobo decided to add it on their own. In fact, they weren't even going to bother at first.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    No, that's not what you were told at all. Multiple screen support for MSFS is being worked on as we speak, as is shown in the weekly development updates.

    VR was added because people pushed for it, not because MS or Asobo decided to add it on their own. In fact, they weren't even going to bother at first.
    I never said I was told anything about multiple screens by you. I was told that in response to a question I asked directly on one of their online Q/A forums.

    BTW: What do I/we need to do to get/receive weekly updates? I'm obviously not in that loop.
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Getting warmer now
    Posts
    8,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I never said I was told anything about multiple screens by you. I was told that in response to a question I asked directly on one of their online Q/A forums.

    BTW: What do I/we need to do to get/receive weekly updates? I'm obviously not in that loop.
    The point is that you were provided with the correct info here, including by myself and others, yet persist in stating they don't care about multiple screens. It's fine if the sim doesn't currently meet your needs, but no one is helped by spreading false info.

    They post the weekly updates on the official website every Thursday, and Nels posts on the front page here when they do. Included in those updates are lists of the top 20 or so features and bugs, of which multiple screen support is ranked third and marked as being worked on (probably closely related to the DX12 update and optimization work they are doing).

    Here's the update from last week.

    https://www.flightsimulator.com/febr...opment-update/

Similar Threads

  1. My Xplane 11.50 Night Lighting Edits - Screen Shot - New Jersey/New York Area
    By transcontinental in forum X-Plane Screen Shots And Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2020, 10:33 PM
  2. Xplane 9 or Xplane 10?
    By Billbixby in forum X-Plane
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 05:58 AM
  5. The DC-9s are coming! The DC-9s are coming!
    By CGCPJ in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •