I love the sim but the problems are starting to bug me.

Problem solved.Once again blaming it on the sim.All the time I was sitting on the tarmac at just recently downloaded KAVX Catalina.As soon as I took off from a different AP no more problem.Went back to KAVX problem came right back.Throttle wouldn't work.

The problem that bugs me the most is pitch stability. I fly GA planes (152, 172 and Xcub mostly) and they all are unstable in pitch, I can find "sweet spots" which are always low speed low power settings but that sweet spot is pretty narrow, When you are outside that zone controlling the plane is a full time job; GA aircraft aren't like that IRL; pitch trim is easily adjusted at top of climb and can be forgotten about after that.

The MS simulator isn't "simulating", it's just giving us something that looks like a plane that has all the finesse of a pin ball machine. There is some pretty complex code that hasn't been written yet which will be needed if this is ever to be a real "flight simulator".

Also part of the above issue is that the rudder doesn't contribute to coordinated turns, the FS rudder input just moves the rear end of the plane as in it were wagging the tail of a dog. Dogs make turns without their tails being an integral part of the process, but it's not that way with planes.

In a real plane, if you move the ailerons the plane will tilt, but not much more, unless the elevators also command the plane to pitch 'up' and add lift to the wings; then rudder input is needed to make the maneuver coordinated, with the body of the plane aligning with the arc of the turn.

None of this happens with MSFS. I can see this is but a small problem for those who are flying a heavys on autopilot, because they are procedure oriented and lack of actual flight simulation easily goes unnoticed.

But if you fly GA aircraft, the lack of actual flight characteristics is profoundly noticeable.

Maybe I should try an earlier version. Were they better at simulating true flight characteristics?

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Have you calibrated all your flight controls? Are you running the Modern flight model? Have you adjusted the control sensitivities?

I disagree with your analysis. The older versions felt too stable and too "driveable". This simulator feels like the aircraft is in a fluid, not on a platform.

Get your setup correct, then try the Robin. It is a very easy aircraft to fly.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Have you calibrated all your flight controls? Are you running the Modern flight model? Have you adjusted the control sensitivities?

I disagree with your analysis. The older versions felt too stable and too "driveable". This simulator feels like the aircraft is in a fluid, not on a platform.

Get your setup correct, then try the Robin. It is a very easy aircraft to fly.

In post #3 above he solved the problem, it was a scenery mod for KAVX Catalina.

My advice is to avoid freeware airport scenery mods for now - even the one payware airport I bought shortly after launch still has missing features which were working in the default airport.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The problem that bugs me the most is pitch stability. I fly GA planes (152, 172 and Xcub mostly)?

Have you tried the TBM930? It is stable. Real life TBM pilots comment on how good this model is. I have devoted two of my videos to this aircraft because it performs as it should.

Have you tried the TBM930? It is stable. Real life TBM pilots comment on how good this model is. I have devoted two of my videos to this aircraft because it performs as it should.

I flew this plane from Vancouver over the Rockies into Calgary have to say I'm totally hooked on it now bye bye Cessna 172 ha

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

What's the modern flight model? There's no calibration for pitch that I know of; sensitivity is at 98% (all four).

The older versions felt too stable and too "driveable".

Oh, well!

I'll try the Robin and the TBM 930, but it looks like I'll just have to get used to current state of the art.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Go to General.

In the drop down menu, you can choose a number of different flight models including Legacy and Modern. Try Modern if it is now in Legacy.

You calibrate your control devices in Windows 10. This is VERY important!

Try ~60% (I don't use this but others have mentioned they needed the adjustment with their hardware)?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Go to General.

In the drop down menu, you can choose a number of different flight models including Legacy and Modern. Try Modern if it is now in Legacy.

You calibrate your control devices in Windows 10. This is VERY important!

Try ~60% (I don't use this but others have mentioned they needed the adjustment with their hardware)?

plainsman have you ever flown a real plane?