Hi

First would low fps make my aircraft do erratic things ?

So I was having difficulty Flying the A320 ,I was advised on here to watch relevant videos on youtube which I have done on takeoff,

flight plans ,entering data etc into MCDU ,Simbrief, having made some notes ,I decided to give it all a try so I made a flight plan entered

any missing info into MCDU that i thought was needed although this was limited, and took off, but low and behold it was just the same at a certain height engaged AP and dissaster the aircraft veered to Right and crashed.

I have actually tried several flight plans and different configurations different was taking off ,toga and flex the only thing I can think of is that there is a difference in flight plans ie ones created in msfs and the ones in Simbrief etc or its my pc not cutting the Mustard and giving low fps like not enough to keep the plane flying or something like that.

Can anyone tell me if I create a flight plan within MSFS20 is that all I need to make a flight or does it require entering more information in mcdu before takeoff, I am just trying to find out where I am going wrong.

Being new I have tried all aids on and all aids off and somewhere in between.

I am using the flybywire mod but have also tried without it the thing is all the aircraft handle the same way I am using the Boxed Disk version of the Sim I really dont think a reinstall will help although i did consider it.

This as been a problem for me scince Msfs started updating and I am almost at the stage of giving up with it altogether, I know lack of knowledge is playing a part but tried to remedy that

I have a new pc on order maybe should wait and see what happens with the new system which actually is a bit overkill even for a sim but I bought it for other things as well.

I would be grateful if anyone can give me advise as to where I might be going wrong.

Andrew

Again, I will ask, what mode was the AP in and which function? If you don't know those answers, that is the problem!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

There is absolutely no sarcasm involved, honestly!! The autopilot has many modes. If you are in the wrong one, it won't behave as you expect. The autopilot has both FMS controlled and manual controlled function, which you determine by the small arrows. If you are in the wrong function, it won't do as you expect. You have to learn modes and function in order to use the AP. I am sincerely trying to help you! I don't think it has anything to do with the frame rates.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I am not an idiot do you think I have watched all the videos and don't know the difference in modes the AP was in manged mode I didn't touch or change anything all I have been doing is taking off raising Landing gear and flaps then when at what I think is the right height engage AP can't remember exact height, think it was around 2000ft. Anyway I had already got the message to reduce to climb.

I am not inferring you are stupid, but managed is a function setting, meaning you have to have a complete FMS instruction configuration in order for the computer to tell the AP what to do. That is not the mode. There are pitch, roll, level, nav, and various other modes. It defaults to various modes depending on the attitude of the aircraft when you engage the AP. You have to learn the modes in order to use the AP.

If I might make a suggestion, it might be easier to learn how to use the AP modes on a simple aircraft without the complex FMS function to confuse you. Once you master the modes in a simple aircraft, it will honestly make more sense when you migrate back over to the A320.

If I could use an analogy. Learning AP basics in the A320 is like trying to learn trap blocking at an NFL training camp.

Edited by plainsman

So what are you saying that I have to complete a flight plan with simbreif or similar and that the AP won't with the flight plan created in MSFS I thought the AP got the information from the flight plan.

So are saying that there is still information to enter into MCDU because after creating a flight plan with MSFS because I tried and could not get anything to enter I am more confused than ever now lol

PS How do I stay logged in ?

So what are you saying that I have to complete a flight plan with simbreif or similar and that the AP won't with the flight plan created in MSFS I thought the AP got the information from the flight plan.

So are saying that there is still information to enter into MCDU because after creating a flight plan with MSFS because I tried and could not get anything to enter I am more confused than ever now lol

PS How do I stay logged in ?

The MSFS ILS flight plan will work fine as long as you create it from runway to runway, e.g. ILS from EGLL 27L to EDDF 25C. You don't need to enter anything into the MCDU if you create your MSFS ILS flight plan this way.

Regarding the veering off to the right when engaging AP, check your control axis sensitivities - I had to reduce my rudder, elevator and aileron axes to -50% and set the null zones to 10%.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No, I am saying you first need to learn the AP basic modes and when they are used. Then you can transfer that knowledge over to the A320. But yes, the FMS has to be fully accurately filled out, either by the flight plan, including speed and altitude arrangements at various positions (climb, cruise, an descent), and rate of climb and descent entered correctly. You can use the AP in manual function, but each control has to be told to use your instructions instead of the computer. That makes learning a much much more complex AP that much harder, because you have twice as many complex settings in the A320.

I take your point and will certainly give it a try but i am only really interested in the A320 lol I will do it just a matter of time I just thought I would humble myself and ask for help on the forum,anyway thanks for trying to help, I will just have to work it out for myself.