MSFS2020 A320 Night Departure (KSFO) to (PANC)

BillD22

Here are a few shots of an Alaska Airlines A320 takeoff on a night departure from San Francisco Airport (KSFO) to Anchorage Alaska (PANC).

Our aircraft lined up on Runway 28R

SFO1.jpg

Panel and extended views of the runway centerline and lighting environment. The insert in the second shot shows our MCDU computed takeoff speeds.

SFO2.jpg

SFO21.jpg

Climbing out with the main terminal area in the background

SFO3.jpg

Turning towards our first waypoint with the Golden Gate bridge coming up below us

SFO31.jpg

SFO4.jpg

Well done! :pilot: Are those nice shots edited or are they a direct screen shot from the sim?

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done! :pilot: Are those nice shots edited or are they a direct screen shot from the sim?

Thanks David. The shots are direct from the sim in real time. To be honest I'm not thrilled by the FS2020 night ground textures around the airport.

Thanks David. The shots are direct from the sim in real time. To be honest I'm not thrilled by the FS2020 night ground textures around the airport.

Nice shots. But on a closer look I see what you mean about the textures. Overall, very nice.

If only 2020 would let me use three separate monitors, I'd "fly" it a lot more than I have. If I had realized 2020 lost the multi-monitor function FS9, FSX, P3D has had for years, I'd have never bought it. :mad: So I really don't have enough 2020 experience for an intelligent comment as to whether that is their norm throughout.

I'm about ready to try P3d's V4.5 and see how it looks. I've been much more happy with their older products than my impressions of 2020. That 3 monitor 3D look I've had for years is pretty essential to my satisfaction.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Well those night shots without editing are fantastic! When I do night shots in FSX I always have to do a fade correction so I can see the airplane better.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really enjoyed this one! Would you mind telling us more about what you mean on the ground textures?

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

that runway looks awesome great photos

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Really enjoyed this one! Would you mind telling us more about what you mean on the ground textures?

If you take a look at the last two shots the point and road traffic lighting is kind of fuzzy and blurred - maybe I should have said lights rather than texture. I'd just like to see a little sharper definition on the lights especially considering that the airplane was only at about 5000 feet here.

Edited by BillD22