HOW ON EARTH does one get VA's Virtual CDU to work???

keith

had to download this and that and here and there and everywhere and the d**n thing STILL doesnt work

installed VAInterface_2.28.1.21684

installed vc_redist.x64_(Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026)

downloaded vcruntime140.dll, msvcp140D.dll (and another bunch of dll's)

copied those files to the windows/syswow64 folder

regsvr those .dll's didnt work, regsvr32 didnt work either (because windows only is ONE ANNOYING OS, every day again and again)

anyway:

had to add:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

EnableCDUBroadcast.0=1

EnableCDUBroadcast.1=1

to the 737NGX_Options file

wrote exe.xml from scratch:

Launch

exe.xml

False

False

False

False

CDU_IO

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Remote CDU\CDU_IO.exe

True

did this and that etc etc...

AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!!

all it does is the CDU in FSX showing the characters i click on the CDU in the smartphone but the smartphone CDU DOESNT SHOW the menu's where the CDU in FX does!

I HATE THIS CRAPWARE!!! they should bring virtual avionics to justice for it!

keith :-(

70 views and not even 1 (one) response?? this VA disaster must have happened to a lot of them i bet ;-)

k

OK, here's a response. I don't even know what "VA's Virtual CDU" is. I "viewed" only out of curiosity. Chances are good that many other views are similar.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

OK, here's a response. I don't even know what "VA's Virtual CDU" is. I "viewed" only out of curiosity. Chances are good that many other views are similar.

Once again, I must agrees with Larry! Maybe a link to this VA thingy you installed would help?

Never mind! email these guys with your problem. support@virtualavionics.com.br.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This one!, http://store.virtualavionics.com.br/product/virtual-cdu-737/

And yes! i did ask for VA's support on: support@virtualavionics.com.br and some "Joe" character out of the blue started to accuse me using cracked software which I DONT!!, my windows 7 is LEGAL and fresh installed, FSX (+ SP 1 and 2) are LEGAL and fresh installed, PMDG's B737-800 NGX is LEGAL and fresh installed, and all works well :-)

VAInterface_2.28.1.21684 fresh installed so windows' firewall shows checked VA interface, the VA CDU on my smartphone recognizes my ip and port but thats IT, no more, still no working VA CDU on my smartphone so what could be wrong on MY side after all??

its only that VA's "shouldworkware" that refuses to work properly, >>>not even in the Rio the Janeiro area

VA, get a life

Edited by keith
forgot to add NGX to B737-800 and VA to the CDU