Flightgear flight simulator

Yes it has a forum of it's own on this site, scroll down past Microsoft Flight Sims, XPlane and P3D, and Flightgear is next.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My trigger finger is faster! ;)

It's faster than my ISP Charlie, my connection keeps dropping out LOL!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I just got an advertisement in my email from amazon. It's for a flight simulator, called flightgear. I read some of the reviews on it, and I guess it's free and open source. Anybody ever heard of it?

I’m surprised there was an advert for it.

I thought for a moment you were going to say there was a price listed. There are scammers that try to SELL it, calling it a variety of different names, like.. Proflight. I used to be bombarded with emails, trying to sell me the best flight simulator ever! Special offer only £70! Etc of course what they trying to sell me was the completely free “flightgear” - only they would call it something else.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

That just means time for another beer! :)

Larry, Get your snow shovel ready! Big storm heading your way! :eek:

What do you mean "heading your way"? You're behind times, Charlie. It's now over with. The high country got 10-20" and here at the house we got around 5" or so, and it's now 13ºF after a low of 8º.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

What do you mean "heading your way"? You're behind times, Charlie. It's now over with. The high country got 10-20" and here at the house we got around 5" or so, and it's now 13ºF after a low of 8º.

Sorry! Day late and a dollar short! That's me! :D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

https://www.flightgear.org/ is giving it away. It has always been free.

It's actually quite good, with a large range of aircraft, & the best Space Shuttle!

It is from a site http://www.pixelclassics.com/ that sells freeware as payware.. such as The Gimp, Libre Office..

Edited by zswobbie1

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yes amazon is selling it. There was a price for it.

FlightGear is well known and is freely available directly from the official site.

https://www.flightgear.org/

What you see on Amazon, and elsewhere, are people taking the free version, packaging it up on a DVD along with some add-ons and selling it. While this in itself is not illegal due to the license used by the project, the methods used by the people reselling it are very questionable. Over the years they have done things like steal screenshots from add-ons for FSX and others, designed the packaging to look very similar to FSX, and deliberately obscured the relation to FlightGear, among others.

If you are interested in the sim, go directly to the link above and don't give these sellers your money.

PS, there is a FlightGear forum here too where you can ask more questions about it.