Unable to reconnect flight plan

ac103010

Hi.

Flying a 777 from Sin to LHR. After about 4 hrs I inadvertently hit the wrong ATC selection number and cancelled my flight plan. I tried to reconnect by loading the flight plan and selecting not to start at the gate. It restarts in flight at the same location but I've tried everything I can think of to re-engage the flight plan. Every selection I make leaves me with a number of choices, none of which seem to want to work. I've tried each one but as soon as I select GPS and APP the aircraft turns and appears to be heading back in the direction of SIN. Can someone tell me how to do this, please?

I take the precaution of saving long flights periodically so I can return to the latest save as a last resort but I really don't want to fly the last hour again. And, of course, I need to know for the future.

Are you using the ATC window to re-establish your IFR flight plan? After selecting the IFR plan and the flight resumes from where it left off, are you opening the ATC window again and selecting to establish the IFR Flight? ATC should then give you the new heading and altitude to resume course to your destination.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've tried each one but as soon as I select GPS and APP the aircraft turns and appears to be heading back in the direction of SIN. Can someone tell me how to do this, please?

That's because the active leg in the GPS is still at the first leg.

Before activating AP GPS you need to move the active leg.

"From the Active Flight Plan page, press the CRSR button to activate the cursor.

Rotate the large knob to highlight the desired destination waypoint.

Press the MENU button, select the "Activate Leg?" option, and press the ENT button. (GPS 500 only)"

(although I must have done this a hundred times already, I had to copy/paste the procedure from somewhere on this forum)

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

"From the Active Flight Plan page, press the CRSR button to activate the cursor.

Rotate the large knob to highlight the desired destination waypoint.

Press the MENU button, select the "Activate Leg?" option, and press the ENT button. (GPS 500 only)"

I think we're talking about a totally different aircraft here.

This is the procedure I used:

Cancelled IFR

Pressed 2 [Create or Open an IFR.....]

Flight Planner came up

I pressed LOAD

Chose from list "IFR Changi to Heathrow"

Open

OK

Asked "do you want to move your aircraft to ........"

No

Aircraft started an immediate turn.

Turned off APP and GPS

Option to "Request IFR"

3 Request IFR Clearance

ATC instructed Heading and Resume own navigation.

When close to track I selected GPS and APP.

Aircraft turned immediately and headed back towards Singapore

No matter what I tried I couldn't get the Flight Plan to reactivate.