MSFS 2020 Views vs. P3D/FSX Views

The last time I tried out MSFS 2020, panning and viewing both internal and external were a pain to do. I really wanted the same time of viewing I had with P3D. One where I was in a chase plane and able to use POV hat to look around the plane. Has this ever been fixed? There are a few things I am waiting for MSFS2020 to get fixed before I buy it again.

The last time I tried out MSFS 2020, panning and viewing both internal and external were a pain to do. I really wanted the same time of viewing I had with P3D. One where I was in a chase plane and able to use POV hat to look around the plane. Has this ever been fixed? There are a few things I am waiting for MSFS2020 to get fixed before I buy it again.

The camera system in MSFS is much more versatile than those in FSX and P3D. You can have the external view you want, and much more. Check it out! This is one more example of something in MSFS that does not need "fixing". What needs fixing is the assumption of many simmers that if something doesn't work it must be the fault of the program. Sometimes it is; often the fault lies with the user.

On my X56 the general pan is now on a stick instead of a hat. I'm learning to use the drone camera too. The learning curve is a bit steeper but it's a new simulator so I'm adjusting.

James M

Director Ohio Valley Golden Age A Golden Age Regional Airline Simulation

Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS Prime X570-P, NVidia GTX 1660 Super, 32G 3200mhz, 1TB Samsung SSD, HC Alpha, HC Bravo, Windows 11

Yes, you can use the POV hat to look around the plane as we did with P3D. I have my joystick set up that way. Look on YouTube for tutorial videos which make it very easy.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I am liking the external view in MSFS where the POV moves the eyepoint around the aircraft, my TrackIR lets me look any direction from that point and zoom the view with my trackball.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI