Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful World Scenery Game

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    If they post in English, it saves time knowing whether their opinion is relevant or garbage, without usiing Bing or some other time-wasteing software (English language used in a specific way here for added effect)!
    I've translated the post, but let's please keep the thread civil.

Dominic

What exactly is this 'study level'? It's actually a fancy term for complex aircraft!
    Even FS2004 has these complex aircraft.
    FS 2020 is actually correctly known as MSFS.. no 2020 in the title & also not called that by MS nor Asobo. Yes, pretty scenery with flaws, & mediocre GA aircraft, more than $100, taking into account the cost of hardware to get it to run smoothly.

Also, FS2004, with freeware, shows accurate powerlines, roads, rivers & coastlines.- Not as pretty as MSFS, but runs on almost anything, far less than $100.

But thats just me. It's the immersion factor that hits the spot, more so than realism. (flying a 172 with a stick?)
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    yes, MSFS scenery is nice, but so is my regressed Golden Wings, Misty Moorings , Glacier Bay & many others.
    But none of them are REAL-WORLD.

Blog Entries

Sky44 has written a very accurate account of what we are dealing with. Now anytime you complain the Asobo apologists will come out in force telling you (their) download of the same simulator is letter perfect. We all know that is not true. I've written to Asobo multiple times...no answer, why? I'm not important enough as a customer? Guess not! "Oh but the scenery" I saw that post a few days ago and laughed my butt off...because I was thinking the exact same thing. Look here is the bottom line....this simulator is unstable, the autopilot does not work correctly, ATC is cruddy, flight dynamics written by a 10 year old, and on and on. For now I've deleted the simulator from my drive. I want it fixed! I want Asobo to address what needs to be addressed, and I want the simulator to be a SUCCESS! My suggestion is they employ some outside help. Okay..rant over, have a good day pilots!
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Sky44 has written a very accurate account of what we are dealing with. Now anytime you complain the Asobo apologists will come out in force telling you (their) download of the same simulator is letter perfect. We all know that is not true. I've written to Asobo multiple times...no answer, why? I'm not important enough as a customer? Guess not! "Oh but the scenery" I saw that post a few days ago and laughed my butt off...because I was thinking the exact same thing. Look here is the bottom line....this simulator is unstable, the autopilot does not work correctly, ATC is cruddy, flight dynamics written by a 10 year old, and on and on. For now I've deleted the simulator from my drive. I want it fixed! I want Asobo to address what needs to be addressed, and I want the simulator to be a SUCCESS! My suggestion is they employ some outside help. Okay..rant over, have a good day pilots!
    And when they do, let me know will you..?
    This rubbish may have redeeming features but they can't compete with the increasingly obvious flaws... whatever were they thinking?
    WERE they even thinking?
    Nobody expected perfection, but this..?

Well, all the scenery in MSFS is from Bing, Photogrammetry, Azure etc, 3D photorealism & computer manipulated is not REAL-WORLD, nor is that strange 200+ building in Australia (I think?) & that sunken airport? That, I'm sure is not REAL-WORLD. & the add-on scenery, created by developers?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

7. Default

Well, all the scenery in MSFS is from Bing, Photogrammetry, Azure etc, 3D photorealism & computer manipulated is not REAL-WORLD, nor is that strange 200+ building in Australia (I think?) & that sunken airport? That, I'm sure is not REAL-WORLD. & the add-on scenery, created by developers?
    What is undeniably true is that the scenery in MSFS is by far the closest any sim has ever come to modeling the real world. Nothing else comes remotely close. Those who cannot even acknowledge this much are not serious.

True, not disputing that..
    But.. does it show powerlines?

My VA club often does on-line NAVEX following powerlines, amongst other artifacts. obviously flying GA VFR, & sometimes, with our rally's we fly, we need to find & track them, as part of our VFR navigation.

Sure, having that eye-candy is great.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 10-27-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

9. Default

True, not disputing that..
    But.. does it show powerlines?

My VA club often does on-line NAVEX following powerlines, amongst other artifacts. obviously GA VFR, & sometimes, with our rally's we fly we need to find
    & track them.
    Sure have that eye-candy is great.
    As a matter of fact, it does -- a recent patch fixed that. Frankly I am tired of this ridiculous thread which serves no constructive purpose and is just intended to provoke. Personally, I am having having a great time flying MSFS with the most immersive, amazing experiences I have ever had in any sim. If you feel otherwise, so be it. Over and out, for me.

10. Default

Something that strikes me as odd is the fact that the flight sim community appears to more effective at fixing the bugs in this sim than ASOBO. That cant be a vary good sign of things to come or long term support for this product.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast