Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful World Scenery Game

Blog Entries

Default Beautiful World Scenery Game

When FSX was born it had many bugs, most of them were hardware related, and if you had an office type PC you would suffer for months.
    But if you had a fair PC most bugs were cured by tweeking the FSG. Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all, some here
    and there but none really detrimental to the function of the Sims.
    Today Asobo/MS have given the community what I call a "Beautiful World Scenery flying Game" full of all kinds of bugs, with very unstable software which is almost impossible to tweek. Forums are full of simmers complaining about, Flight physics out of wak,instruments in planes not working, hardware which does not couple with the game, Impossible Auto Pilots, very low type ATC,Weather not working properly, and worst of all Updates which destroy previous settings which had taken hours to get right.
    The game is still in Alpha or Beta, but not as a commercial product you and I paid for. Maybe you
    can blame the Plague, for many companies are in heavy need of Money, Asobo could be in that situation, and out this game came for them to collect, MS is sure not in that situation.
    For months, not to many, Asobo placed their wonderful scenery videos, and their guys talking a lot telling us how wonderful they were programming this game, physicall forces in the aiplane surfaces that you would feel while flying, weather that would astound you, beautiful real like planes, but if you remember their emphasis was "Scenery" and Yes they sure got the "Scenery "right, they sure did. But so far a very faulty Sim if at all. There are many cases of people still downloading the game after 3 weeks!!!, their servers continually loop or restart from 0 the blessed download, and No Answer from Asobo or MS about this incredible situation, but true!!! As an Alpha tester I was surprised when they suddenly started selling the game. It has today as many and maybe much more bugs than when in Alpha and early Beta.
    I am sorry this so much expected Sim has turned until now into a "Beautiful World Scenery Game, which you can skim all over"....Let's hope it does not go the "MS Flight" route which also had nice Scenery.
    Last edited by sky44; 10-24-2020 at 03:11 PM.

2. Default

I have already given up on MSFS aka Microsoft Flight II. I am just really glad I didn't pay for it. I tried it through the $1 XBox for PC trial. Then I paid $5 for the next month in the hopes that the patches would fix the game. But they only made the game worse. So yes I agree with your post 100%. I have gone back to FS9 and all of my addons. It's very relaxing to do a flight in the HJG DC9-30 and have everything work 100%. Planes, sim, 3rd party weather, and 3rd party ATC. It all works.

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys.

In balance there are plenty of folks , including me, that have not had any problems that would make me go back to FSX/P3d. Sure there are plenty of wish list things that i would like to see that may or may not be added at some stage but in the meantime I am happily flying the sim. Hell, there were wish list things I wanted in FSX 10 years after it was released.

There are plenty of flight videos on youtube of others doing the same.

Regards
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Don't like?. Don't use it. Don't waste your time writing novels.

Default I am enjoying flying MS 2020

Greetings everyone from UK

I am enjoying flying MS 2020 quite a lot, usually VFR flying around Bangladesh despite many bugs.

Bugs I found so far:

1. Copilot some time tries to kill me

2.Despite not wanting a push back, the push back guy sometimes just will not give up, he even followed me to the Runway threshold!

3.The Saitek Yoke suddenly loses it and the aircraft becomes impossible to control.

4.Autopilot needs looking at, it is just not fit for purpose

5.Terrible ATC, one bloke covering the whole world

6.GA aircraft doors do not open

7.No 2d panel. (In FSX at least you could switch between the two)

8.Even with the AI pilot switched off, he suddenly grabs the controls and spin the aircraft to the ground

9.Photo scenery in the UK just for Portsmouth and Southampton, yet Germany and some parts of Europe and most of USA and Japan comprehensibly covered why? we have some nice places here as well in the UK, you know ASOBO studio!

Still even with all it's many bugs, this is a master class in flight simulation with the whole world at your disposal thanks to Asobo Studios.

Hopefully in five years time we can look back on this as the fun times we all had, beta testing MS 2020.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by misbah View Post
    Hopefully in five years time we can look back on this as the fun times we all had, beta testing MS 2020.
    5 years??!!!! I REALLY hope that things are vastly better in a year. If not, I'm not sure this platform will survive for 5.....

Quote Originally Posted by dnpaul View Post
    5 years??!!!! I REALLY hope that things are vastly better in a year. If not, I'm not sure this platform will survive for 5.....
    I'll give it a year, and no more.

If EVERYTHING that's wrong isnt't fixed by then, it's as dead as if I took a gun to it's head!
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  8.7 KB

Yes, there is still stuff to get worked out. I know the commercial jets are not right. If you are a GA pilot however, this release is amazing. I can integrate my real world ForeFlight app with the sim to plot and practice VFR flights anywhere in the world. Not bad for $60. I have only flown the TBM 930 and it flies well on autopilot and follows flight plans to perfection when running simultaneously with ForeFlight. Check out my last 2 videos if you wish to see how the TBM flies on autopilot and how it handles under manual control. So for me, it is not a game but a flight simulator that can be adapted for real world training purposes. Continued improvements will come.
    My latest video at The Flight Level - Dangerous Landings - Courchevel Altiport - A TBM 930 RNAV/VFR Flight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhgSjRzoNE

Quote Originally Posted by howlak View Post
    Don't like?. Don't use it. Don't waste your time writing novels.
    RW for selling pretty much any product but software, Microsoft would already be held liable to refund the $100+- tens of thousands of consumers who have already wasted $100+- on this POS product which obviously won't actually be ready for marketing for months or probably even years!!

This 1,000+ RW hours pilot respects, enjoys, and still learns while using actual flight sims such as FSX, X-Plane, and P3D. This POS "sim" is not now nor possibly even five years from now will ever be a sim!

We are now wasting $100+- a pop to "Charlie Test" a product at NADA ZERO COST TO MICROSOFT that is maybe 25% ready to be marketed!! And frankly it seems they really don't care about us anyway! They're just using us to pay for and help refine a product to be sold to online to hand held toy users!

For my $100, I feel I've already bought the right to call a fraudulent product a fraud!! Especially if it might save hundreds, possibly thousands of people from throwing away their 100 bucks each!!

IMO IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY WASTED YOUR $100+- ON 2020, BE GRATEFUL AND DON'T WASTE IT NOW!!!!
    I'm pretty convinced unless we are on X-Box or online gammers, we're not their target audience anyway!! We're just jumping up to pay $100+- each to be their testers!

Rupert
    Last edited by Rupert; 10-25-2020 at 09:29 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sky44 View Post
    When FSX was born it had many bugs, most of them were hardware related, and if you had an office type PC you would suffer for months.
    But if you had a fair PC most bugs were cured by tweeking the FSG. Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all, some here
    and there but none really detrimental to the function of the Sims.
    Today Asobo/MS have given the community what I call a "Beautiful World Scenery flying Game" full of all kinds of bugs, with very unstable software which is almost impossible to tweek. Forums are full of simmers complaining about, Flight physics out of wak,instruments in planes not working, hardware which does not couple with the game, Impossible Auto Pilots, very low type ATC,Weather not working properly, and worst of all Updates which destroy previous settings which had taken hours to get right.
    The game is still in Alpha or Beta, but not as a commercial product you and I paid for. Maybe you
    can blame the Plague, for many companies are in heavy need of Money, Asobo could be in that situation, and out this game came for them to collect, MS is sure not in that situation.
    For months, not to many, Asobo placed their wonderful scenery videos, and their guys talking a lot telling us how wonderful they were programming this game, physicall forces in the aiplane surfaces that you would feel while flying, weather that would astound you, beautiful real like planes, but if you remember their emphasis was "Scenery" and Yes they sure got the "Scenery "right, they sure did. But so far a very faulty Sim if at all. There are many cases of people still downloading the game after 3 weeks!!!, their servers continually loop or restart from 0 the blessed download, and No Answer from Asobo or MS about this incredible situation, but true!!! As an Alpha tester I was surprised when they suddenly started selling the game. It has today as many and maybe much more bugs than when in Alpha and early Beta.
    I am sorry this so much expected Sim has turned until now into a "Beautiful World Scenery Game, which you can skim all over"....Let's hope it does not go the "MS Flight" route which also had nice Scenery.
    You completely miss the big picture. Yes, some of the the scenery in MSFS is "beautiful", but -- like the real world -- much of it is not, e.g., big-city slums, blocks of industrial warehouses, desolate wastelands, etc. What it IS, is realistic -- the first sim to attempt to model the world as it actually appears, which it does not do perfectly but comes amazingly close, in my opinion. No other sim remotely approaches what has been accomplished here.

Secondly, while MSFS has experienced some issues on launch, as has happened with every previous flight sim program, it has become clear that many of the problems you and others attribute to "bugs" are not problems inherent to the program per se, but are caused by improperly configured computer setups, inattention to detail in configuring and using the program, and other local issues. The fact that many simmers have not experienced these so-called "bugs" proves this. "Then came along X-plane and P3D with practically no bugs at all", you say. Really? I have seen enough comment from users of those programs to know that this statement is nonsense. Bottom line, get real.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast