Beautiful World Scenery Game

It's always optimistic to read a message in another language. You have well expressed your experience with the new FSMS. I find that 'flightsim' needs to stimulate participation from all different 'simulators' so that we can all benefit from our knowledge of our 'sims' and our colleagues. I would like all 'posts' with an ill-intentioned vibe to people with an 'other' opinion to stop. I am Dutch by birth and respect everyone ............

C'est toujours optimiste de lire un message dans un autre langue. Vous avez bien exprime votre experience avec le nouveau FSMS. Je trouve que 'flightsim' doit stimuler la participation de tous 'simuleurs' differentes pour que nous pouvons tous profiter de notre connaissance de nos 'sims' et de nos collegues. Je voudrais que tous les 'postes' avec une atmosphere mal intentionne vers des gens avec une 'autre' opinion arrêtent. Je suis hollandais de naissance et respect a tout le monde............

(no matter how we fly let's all respect each other....')

Edited by DominicS
Translated...

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'est toujours optimiste de lire un message dans un autre langue. Vous avez bien exprime votre experience avec le nouveau FSMS. Je trouve que 'flightsim' doit stimuler la participation de tous 'simuleurs' differentes pour que nous pouvons tous profiter de notre connaissance de nos 'sims' et de nos collegues. Je voudrais que tous les 'postes' avec une atmosphere mal intentionne vers des gens avec une 'autre' opinion arrêtent. Je suis hollandais de naissance et respect a tout le monde............

(no matter how we fly let's all respect each other....')

If they post in English, it saves time knowing whether their opinion is relevant or garbage, without usiing Bing or some other time-wasteing software (English language used in a specific way here for added effect)!

Not that difficult to sort out

If you are in the mood for a more study level flight fire up xplane. You probably have that installed already.

If your in the mood for a GA VFR with accurate scenery fire up FS 2020. You can have that for much less than 100 bucks.

AT any rate that's what I do; but that's just me I could be wrong

Edited by natman1965

If they post in English, it saves time knowing whether their opinion is relevant or garbage, without usiing Bing or some other time-wasteing software (English language used in a specific way here for added effect)!

I've translated the post, but let's please keep the thread civil.

Dominic

What exactly is this 'study level'? It's actually a fancy term for complex aircraft!

Even FS2004 has these complex aircraft.

FS 2020 is actually correctly known as MSFS.. no 2020 in the title & also not called that by MS nor Asobo. Yes, pretty scenery with flaws, & mediocre GA aircraft, more than $100, taking into account the cost of hardware to get it to run smoothly.

Also, FS2004, with freeware, shows accurate powerlines, roads, rivers & coastlines.- Not as pretty as MSFS, but runs on almost anything, far less than $100.

But thats just me. It's the immersion factor that hits the spot, more so than realism. (flying a 172 with a stick?)

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Sky44 has written a very accurate account of what we are dealing with. Now anytime you complain the Asobo apologists will come out in force telling you (their) download of the same simulator is letter perfect. We all know that is not true. I've written to Asobo multiple times...no answer, why? I'm not important enough as a customer? Guess not! "Oh but the scenery" I saw that post a few days ago and laughed my butt off...because I was thinking the exact same thing. Look here is the bottom line....this simulator is unstable, the autopilot does not work correctly, ATC is cruddy, flight dynamics written by a 10 year old, and on and on. For now I've deleted the simulator from my drive. I want it fixed! I want Asobo to address what needs to be addressed, and I want the simulator to be a SUCCESS! My suggestion is they employ some outside help. Okay..rant over, have a good day pilots! :)
Aaron

Sky44 has written a very accurate account of what we are dealing with. Now anytime you complain the Asobo apologists will come out in force telling you (their) download of the same simulator is letter perfect. We all know that is not true. I've written to Asobo multiple times...no answer, why? I'm not important enough as a customer? Guess not! "Oh but the scenery" I saw that post a few days ago and laughed my butt off...because I was thinking the exact same thing. Look here is the bottom line....this simulator is unstable, the autopilot does not work correctly, ATC is cruddy, flight dynamics written by a 10 year old, and on and on. For now I've deleted the simulator from my drive. I want it fixed! I want Asobo to address what needs to be addressed, and I want the simulator to be a SUCCESS! My suggestion is they employ some outside help. Okay..rant over, have a good day pilots! :)

And when they do, let me know will you..?

This rubbish may have redeeming features but they can't compete with the increasingly obvious flaws... whatever were they thinking?

WERE they even thinking?

Nobody expected perfection, but this..?

Well, all the scenery in MSFS is from Bing, Photogrammetry, Azure etc, 3D photorealism & computer manipulated is not REAL-WORLD, nor is that strange 200+ building in Australia (I think?) & that sunken airport? That, I'm sure is not REAL-WORLD. & the add-on scenery, created by developers?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Well, all the scenery in MSFS is from Bing, Photogrammetry, Azure etc, 3D photorealism & computer manipulated is not REAL-WORLD, nor is that strange 200+ building in Australia (I think?) & that sunken airport? That, I'm sure is not REAL-WORLD. & the add-on scenery, created by developers?

What is undeniably true is that the scenery in MSFS is by far the closest any sim has ever come to modeling the real world. Nothing else comes remotely close. Those who cannot even acknowledge this much are not serious.

True, not disputing that..

But.. does it show powerlines?

My VA club often does on-line NAVEX following powerlines, amongst other artifacts. obviously flying GA VFR, & sometimes, with our rally's we fly, we need to find & track them, as part of our VFR navigation.

Sure, having that eye-candy is great.

Edited by zswobbie1

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

True, not disputing that..

But.. does it show powerlines?

My VA club often does on-line NAVEX following powerlines, amongst other artifacts. obviously GA VFR, & sometimes, with our rally's we fly we need to find

& track them.

Sure have that eye-candy is great.

As a matter of fact, it does -- a recent patch fixed that. Frankly I am tired of this ridiculous thread which serves no constructive purpose and is just intended to provoke. Personally, I am having having a great time flying MSFS with the most immersive, amazing experiences I have ever had in any sim. If you feel otherwise, so be it. Over and out, for me.

omg 100 bucks !!!! really is that how petty people can be 100 bucks, holy cow take your family to the movies and get popcorn and soda and tickets and it cost more then 100 for only 2 hours of fun !! i am happy i paid 100 for what i got so far !! hell even if i was only able to fly around nyc its worth 100!! And all the ones that complain untill u can do a flight sim on your own i really would keep quiet!!! Like someone posted above if some of us have zero problems and some have some problems its most likely coming from other issues like hardware and its the ones that complain the most and with the biggest mouths and then u find out they got a 10 year old rig and they too cheap to upgrade, so what else is there to do but blame the game!!! time to upgrade out of dos!!!

Thanks to MS and who ever else is involved !!

windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

omg 100 bucks !!!! really is that how petty people can be 100 bucks, holy cow take your family to the movies and get popcorn and soda and tickets and it cost more then 100 for only 2 hours of fun !! i am happy i paid 100 for what i got so far !! hell even if i was only able to fly around nyc its worth 100!! And all the ones that complain untill u can do a flight sim on your own i really would keep quiet!!! Like someone posted above if some of us have zero problems and some have some problems its most likely coming from other issues like hardware and its the ones that complain the most and with the biggest mouths and then u find out they got a 10 year old rig and they too cheap to upgrade, so what else is there to do but blame the game!!! time to upgrade out of dos!!!

Thanks to MS and who ever else is involved !!

I concur. If I take my family of 4 to the movies, get tickets, food etc, it's a minimum of $75. All four of us to eat at a nice restaurant, $80-100 depending on the place. One night in our favorite hotel on the beach, $200, plus gas, plus food etc...

Exploring places I'll never get to see in real life in an imperfect simulator, $100. Sounds amazing to me! The amount of angry bitterness over a game is amazing to me. I have much bigger problems in life than perfect (or not) code in a new game.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Actually most of the "issues" stem from 3 user controlled causes. First, some folks try to run the sim with a 2 MB/s internet connection, which results in corrupted downloads. Second, you have folks that deciide to swap out a MB or upgrade part of the system, then change the Windows installed, usually using some Windows 10 they got from JiffyMart. Third are the folks that add a bunch of liveries, scenery they fouind on torrentsRus, and an aircraft their brother-in-law built. For those that confuse my actual comments with sarcasm, this is sarcasm, but a lot of truth in fact. You also have a huge number of people that refuse to learn the new AP features and complex commands needed to run the program, then claim it is "broken". Many of the "issues" could be eliminated by keeping the installation simple for now, not adding every finagle you find in some bulletin board. Commercial addons from payware partners are likely OK, but beware the scenery from Bubba's Scenery Shop!

I totally agree, this is the first sim I have seen that allows me to visit places and recognize features if I have been there, or visit places I will never be able to see!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Actually most of the "issues" stem from 3 user controlled causes. First, some folks try to run the sim with a 2 MB/s internet connection, which results in corrupted downloads. Second, you have folks that deciide to swap out a MB or upgrade part of the system, then change the Windows installed, usually using some Windows 10 they got from JiffyMart. Third are the folks that add a bunch of liveries, scenery they fouind on torrentsRus, and an aircraft their brother-in-law built. For those that confuse my actual comments with sarcasm, this is sarcasm, but a lot of truth in fact. You also have a huge number of people that refuse to learn the new AP features and complex commands needed to run the program, then claim it is "broken". Many of the "issues" could be eliminated by keeping the installation simple for now, not adding every finagle you find in some bulletin board. Commercial addons from payware partners are likely OK, but beware the scenery from Bubba's Scenery Shop!

I totally agree, this is the first sim I have seen that allows me to visit places and recognize features if I have been there, or visit places I will never be able to see!

Well said that man!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Totally agree!

I also agree!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Absolutely!

PS Plainsman, you have the greatest user avatar!