tired of problems in fs2020

Been flying everyday since fs2020 came out with few problems. Turn it on yesterday, click on world map and there are no airports even though the filter is turned on. Ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the sim which took hours. Turned it on and I now have all airports but only two airplanes. The TBM and the Cesna 152. I have the premium deluxe package. Now what do I do. Microsoft needs to get it together. I think they released it too early.

Been flying everyday since fs2020 came out with few problems. Turn it on yesterday, click on world map and there are no airports even though the filter is turned on. Ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the sim which took hours. Turned it on and I now have all airports but only two airplanes. The TBM and the Cesna 152. I have the premium deluxe package. Now what do I do. Microsoft needs to get it together. I think they released it too early.
As I understand it from other similar posts you can re-download your missing aircraft from the marketplace. Frustrating though.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I found this on the Microsoft Flight Simulator known issues page......

" INSTALLATION “Only 2 aircraft”

Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content. To install the non-mandatory content, please do the following:

Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager Step 2: Select the content you want to see in the sim Step 3: Download and install the content you selected Step 3: Reboot your computer Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator "

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

That explains my problem I had today. I posted about it. I bought Premium but it would only try to download the lowest level. Then it would only see my C drive and not the F drive I wanted it on. Their Tech Support said it MUST go on C. Just dumb....this program is just not ready for prime time!

I presume it was actually Microsoft you rang? He personally clearly didn’t know what he was talking about.

You click BROWSE & select the drive you wish to install it on

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

That explains my problem I had today. I posted about it. I bought Premium but it would only try to download the lowest level. Then it would only see my C drive and not the F drive I wanted it on. Their Tech Support said it MUST go on C. Just dumb....this program is just not ready for prime time!

I seem to hear from many, many users that Microsoft put this program out way too bugged. I have Deluxe, Premium, whatever and have had many, many issues since the day I got it. Not the least being that 2020 has assigned totally different control values for my Saitek yoke, throttle stand, etc. compared to what Microsoft and P3D have used for well over a decade.

As a disabled former RW pilot I love great sim scenery. It's the only way I get to see it from the air!

But I also need at least some sense that my sim is about more than lust looking at pretty scenery. "But but the scenery! The water! Second to none!"

Since I've already spent my $100, I'll not give up on 2020! I will keep it!

But I have gone back to flying with P3D and ORBX scenery till Microsoft puts the product at a level it should have been from day one!

And yes, I am almost certain I'll get yelled at here, because of this post. "Stick and Stones", etc., etc.

And IMHO responses like this "I presume it was actually Microsoft you rang? He personally clearly didn’t know what he was talking about.", don't help anyone or anything either.

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Same problem my end now three installation's yesterday and still no Market place and only two planes I bought the deluxe ultimate package too..... when I first installed it weeks ago all was fine in that everything sowed up as it should be..... now it's been shopped down not even the checking updates has gone! Like you I'm convinced its there end....wish they would let us know so to save us some very long hours verifying that the problem is indeed their end.... we spent a lot of money software hardware up dates.... and it seems all the time the problem is Microsoft being to greedy and pushing the sims release way too early because we have all been sold a beta release without telling us!... I'm surprised no one has sued there asses off yet lol it's certainly something to think about.... I even reset the cache on Microsoft Store then rest the store I did everything possible and known.... interestingly it ask to install on the C drive then places most the files on the F drive with shortcut folders to the C drive..... that's good for me because the C drive is a 250 GB sdd card and the F drive is 3tb's

Thank you Microsoft, that's a whole Saturday wasted on your beta release that's time lost and can never be recover! Oh yeah no live weather either or live players or live traffic...

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I enjoy flying sim airplanes, it's as close to the "real thing" as I'll ever be able to afford - lol

I have been flight simming since the 1st MS product in 1982(?). My approach to this new game has been to NOT view it as a "Microsoft" flight sim, but rather a totally new offering from some French outfit called Asobo, so the reality that very little matches up with say my FSX-SE is not a disappointment, just a logical learning opportunity in a completely new environment.

We pretty much all agree that those million + of us who are 1st Adopters are really the QA department for Asobo's programmers, and while sometimes frustrating, it IS the nature of this modern world. If that makes this 71yr old retired vet geezer a "fanboy"? I have proven to myself that I can fly pretty much anywhere I want just using the VFR landmarks presented to me in this sim world in a variety of aircraft, and that's just fine and dandy by me. Bug fixes and patches for most all the nuisances ARE forthcoming on a regular basis, aftermarket offerings ARE appearing and it's not like this game is holding me back from living my life or anything, so I can be patient while it all gets sorted out over time.

I much prefer playing it now with the bugs than waiting say till the end of 2021 to try it out relatively 'bug free'.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I very much agree Randy. While alpha testing, some other testers would ask “will us alpha testers get the full product for free, or at a discount?” My reply would always be “how many of us would have paid to become a tester and to get our hands on the new sim early? - I know I would!”

Evidently this happened when the sim was released in August. I couldn't place my order quick enough LOL

This is a brand new sim & is unlike anything we’ve seen before. Ultimately it might still be in beta (or alpha) stage but we got to buy it early. Imagine if we had to wait another year or so for the release.

Even if it’s full of bugs and missing features, they have promised us updates and so far they are keeping to their word.

I’m so enjoying the new sim, even in its current form.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Steve, If only they would be as quick to let us know the Market place is down and live weather and traffic OR WHAT EVER PROBLEM THEY THROW AT US......... that would safe some of us hours trying to figure out what is wrong this end ... when it's actually there end that's the problem....... I'd be very happy just with that (REALTIME COMMUNICATION).... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Well, to each his/her own. There are many posts on the various boards about all the problems with msfs2020 and how it was money wasted and it shouldn’t have been released, etc, etc. then there are those who simply love it and can’t understand why others are having those problems.

I down loaded it for $1 and since my internet is not the strongest, it took two days. Fired it up and it looked great. Tried to fly and had all sorts of problems. Why did they not standardize the controls to the same as FSX/P3D? Then after a couple of days could not get the great graphics due to internet speed and was back to P3D. Graphics again.

These problems are mostly my fault due to bandwidth issues so back to XP-11. Glad to be back with a good friend and scenery, while not to MSFS standards, is still pretty nice.

Glad I only spent $1 on it.

same thing happened to me with only 2 planes. If you click on Profile at top of main menu, then go to Market Place. I found at least 107 items to install. Worth the wait. Now I have 30 aircraft, tubrbo, jet, prop and air lines. Plus a lot of scenery upgrades. Don't give up....and yes the scenery looks great. I even found my neighborhood, maybe my house....hard to tell even in a slow and low prop plane...They are putting out patches every other week or so....so do not give up. This simm is the future for us

flight simmers.

Hobbitrocks

I think it was Churchill or maybe Stalin who said, 'great scenery does not a flight simulator make' :D. Anyway I have seen enough to a have had the decision made for me, I won't be bothering until all the obvious bugs have been worked out. I've been an avid MSFS user since v5.1 having bought every single iteration of the sim including FSXm FSX Gold and FSXSE now its cousin P3d 1 thru' 5. Clearly the public are being duped/used as testers on this occasion. Be honest. Maybe a year from now I will revisit the possibility of this purchase.

Well said anaismith!!I truly wish I had waited and seen some actual user feedback before I put my money down!!

Clearly something as simple as using the same controller code for yokes, throttle quadrants etc. and keyboard syntax that have been standard for sims including FS sims for decades should have been a given. And probably would have been cheaper to code than coming up with a new format and expecting us to go back and manually make it compatible to the known world standard.

And if we're supposed to stare in awe at the scenery, why does this software only play one view!! Like standard coding, multiple views on multiple screens has been a standard of flight sims, including FSX etc., for decades as well!!

IMO The only customer base which seems to interest MSFS, is the crowd that loves the tiny hand held units. I wonder why they didn't just market to them first?

Oh wait I know, they are counting on us to pay $100 plus per to be their "Charlie" testers. And also fund their paid employees to design the hand-held products. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the different control syntax is the standard the hand held crowd, is already using??

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.