I'll wait for the updates!

I bought the Deluxe version of 2020 hoping to see fabulous improvements to my sim experience. WRONG!! Without making huge concessions to real world issues, it isn't even useable

For years as a 100% combat disabled veteran RW fixed wing and chopper pilot I have used three monitors one showing virtual cockpit view, two left side view, and three right side view each trimmed to appear to be what I saw as a RW pilot looking out the front, left and right windows. Plus another yet another 4th view with my pad to view to include my Auto-pilot functions. Using those abilities I could enjoy a view as a RW fixed wing combat fixed wing and chopper pilot saw it.

Those view options were provided in FS9, FSX, and P3d so IMHO it can't believe they are that tough to do!! To date 2020 doesn't allow that option at all. How can you claim to fly a simulator without having the ability to see what's all around you!!?? Yes, most of the new views are pretty, but pretty IMHO isn't at all the vision of a sim!!

The next issue I encountered is that I have a Saitek Yoke, Throttle panel, Rudders, and Multi-panel. The normal and expected conventions such as C1 and C2 were gear up and down, B1 and B2 flaps moving up and down aren't what 2020 expects to see! WHY do they choose to change from what their FS9, FSX. as well as P3D products were set up to be as the standards!!??

To my mind this whole 2020 concept is intended to be an online game for people with Xboxes or whatever they use this week! Yet again Microsoft has no, zero, interest in moving forward with any products that made them this hugely successful!!!!

I'm sorry I wasted a hundred+ bucks to buy an online game or hand held game like Ghostbusters!! Which is obviously their intent to sell!!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ya; your not alone judging from the multitudes of complaints I have seen.

I am a low and slow GA type so its working for me at the moment. The C152 appears to be the best plane and the photogrammetry scenery in the area I fly in is a giant leap forward.

If MS/ASOBO wanted to put it out as early as the did they should have been more up front about the problems that they had to have known existed with the sim. Would have avoided a lot of angry customers like yourself and I doubt that that many people would have not bought into to it in a "early state" but you know how things can be when money is involved. Tends to make otherwise logically minded people do things they normally would not do.

Edited by natman1965

Hi Michael, you can customise your Saitek yoke & throttles etc in the controller settings. There are plenty of YouTube videos & tutorials etc showing how to do this but it’s relatively easy.

As for your screens.. Microsoft will be adding multiple monitor support but in the mean time you can drag the view across three screens as I do

2F5317F8-4A08-40FB-809E-971DE9B58C1A.jpeg

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Rupert, Maybe a reading of reviews & a bit of due diligence google research to see if MSFS ticked all your boxes for you, and maybe a bit of patience would have prevented your rant?

Remember, with reference to your real-world flying, you do realise that MSFS is licensed as an entertainment product? So you possibly call it a game that simulates a simulator, I suppose.

By the way, there are many thousands of users that find it very usable & flyable.

You ask as to WHY they chose to change what their previous products were set up for?

The simple answer is that those previous products were developed by ACES Gaming Studios, Microsoft's long defunct game designing studio. MSFS is being developed by an independent contracted company, very well established, called Asobo.

Maybe you could have saved your $100+ by patience & a bit of due diligence. Mea Culpa.

Edited by zswobbie1

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Cant lay it all on rupert especially if it was purchased day of release. I followed the development of this sim from day one and there were still plenty of, shall we say, unpleasant surprises for me when I actually got to start using it.

The only way to have known would have been to hold off on the purchase and followed forums like this. At any rate, there does seem to be an abnormal amount of complaints about this product. They cant all be wrong.

At any rate, there does seem to be an abnormal amount of complaints about this product. They cant all be wrong.

It's the most accepted gaming failure I've witnessed in 40+ years of gaming. Heck, even the MSFS site and forums haven't worked for several hours now. There's nothing left to break! lol

Mark Daniels

I think a lot of complaints could have been avoided with a proper manual.

Initial complaints, for example, "why cant we detach instruments screens". We eventually, through trial and error, find out you can.

Another....."why cant i land the aircraft like i could in FSX", turns out the flight model is much more lifelike so takes some practice.

There are of course legitimate gripes like some users CTD's and initial download problems but a lot of issues could have been answered faster with an in depth manual.

We were all basically thrown in the deep end, but now we are starting to swim and enjoy the water.

The problem is we were all expecting an expansion of the existing sims but we got a whole new one, one that takes a while to get comfortable with.

What I do think is a shame is that the percieved (or in some cases real) issues have turned away long time simmers, at least for the time being.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe Asobo could get it right for a $120.00 how about that idea?

This simulator is sorely lacking in all respects.

Except for the thousands of people for whom it works.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Yes there are a few minor glitches, but the vast majority of complaints are rooted in people that don't know how to use the aircraft equipment properly "The autopilot is broke" when in fact it is the pilot that is the problem, it works very differently and people don't understand. A second major issue is the simmer who tries to run the program on a marginal computer that is 5 years old, or tries to download the program on a 3mb/s connection. It is a really demanding program to run at pleasing resolutions and frame rates. No, it won't run right on an I3 3225 with a GTX 550. Don't try to get that to work, and complain about stutters. I totally agree a proper manual would have saved much consternation on the part of users. It would be different if the command structure had remained intact, but it is such a radical departure from the previous sims that a manual would have negated a lot of user incompetence. They also made a mistake to populate their beta with largely high end equipped users. It doesn't take a monster computer to run it well, but it does need to be equipped with modern processors and memory and storage devices. For me, it mostly works well! Yes there is a glitch here and there, but there is so much to do in the parts that work just as they should. Don't believe all the gloom, much of it is wrong and a myth, perpetuated by people that have never used the program.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I have been flying MSFS 2020 since day one and FS since the very first version. I think MSFS is just great and I am enjoying the experience.

OK the sim has many bugs but I prefer to have it now with bugs (and still enjoyable) than wait until next year when the bugs will be ironed out.

At least this new sim gave me something to do while being in lockdown with the pandemic. This sim has renewed my long intrest in FS..

Hi Michael, you can customise your Saitek yoke & throttles etc in the controller settings. There are plenty of YouTube videos & tutorials etc showing how to do this but it’s relatively easy.

As for your screens.. Microsoft will be adding multiple monitor support but in the mean time you can drag the view across three screens as I do

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223341[/ATTACH]

Regards

Steve

Thanks for the suggestion Steve. I tried that, it just made the same view look really wide. It didn't let me see anything I couldn't already see. Not at all the same as having additional views.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the suggestion Steve. I tried that, it just made the same view look really wide. It didn't let me see anything I couldn't already see. Not at all the same as having additional views.

Michael

Ok, no worries. I know what you mean about it looking a bit stretched. Hopefully they’ll add multi monitor support soon, although I think it’s listed as “backlog” in their things to do

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

It works...I simply do not like it. And it needs a lot of work.

Here is the current state of their (Help Site)

forums.flightsimulator.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Yeah...their stuff is working great! LOL!

Edited by stretch
Aaron

Why do so many people find that it does work? We know you don't like it, but just coming on to harangue isn't helpful to the product or the community!

We know you don't like it. So What??

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

And others are free to say who cares if you don't like it! If you really want to be helpful, make constructive suggestions for specific improvement, or learn how to use it, and you might enjoy it if you took the time and effort to learn how it works.