Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troll Power

Well, I have a few 'revamps' of FS2004
    My Alaska install, is a complete revamp, as is my Golden Wings, as is my Space install.
    By adding to the original, using add-ons, the sim becomes a revamp of the original. Yes.. I have rebuilt the sim, using freeware.

Nah, when I read the posts, I took it for granted that the revamp would be add-on based.
    Anyhow, I've always trusted Tom. no doubt there at all that he is developing add-ons, & obviously not a rebuild.

Nasty, nasty, unwarranted & uncalled for. I'd like to see what you have done for our hobby & community, apart from publicly criticizing a well-known developer.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    But I just read the first few posts and the way it was written sounded like a new FS9 or something
    From what I could tell it’s a shader and texture add-on. Nothing different to what’s already available for FS9.

Apparently, what we have seen is a very much alpha, after only an hour or 2, so, play the waiting game, please do not pre-empt or be judgmental of just a few minutes/hours of development.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Apparently, what we have seen is a very much alpha, after only an hour or 2, so, play the waiting game, please do not pre-empt or be judgmental of just a few minutes/hours of development.
    I’m not being judgemental. It’s shaders and textures. There is nothing else I’ve seen to indicate otherwise. Just stating what it is.

OK
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Nasty, nasty, unwarranted & uncalled for. I'd like to see what you have done for our hobby & community, apart from publicly criticizing a well-known developer.
    Really? I've been a member here for some 11 years, and in those 11 years I've helped a lot of people. I have also uploaded to the library here at least 20 airports with modified parking.

I'm not criticizing jack. I merely stated that from what I read it looked liked an overhaul of FS9 its self based on the wording used. A revamp is defined as:

verb (used with object)
    to renovate, redo, or revise: We've decided to revamp the entire show.
    noun
    an act or instance of restructuring, reordering, or revising something; overhaul: a revamp of the nation's foreign policy.

See that? Revise or redo?

*Unsubscribes*
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2