Locks Up after 'Ready to Fly@

When I get to the 'Ready to Fly' part of the long long start up, I click on the text and all the cameras stop. The sim is frozen. Sometimes a brown shape occludes the screen. Without exiting the sim, I have to start the Windows Settings/Apps/ Microsoft Flight Simulator/ Repair. After a few seconds of the Windows rotating dots the sim exits. It stars ok the next time. It's a real pain as it takes so long. No fun at all.

Does anyone have an answer please?

ps. This Flight Sim is so much like FSX- it's just prettier but has the same bugs and terrible default planes.

Edited by bobraw776

Mine isn't doing that, so it must be something wrong in your installation??

I don't mean to be curt, there could be some incompatible addon you have installed, your Windows could have become corrupted in an update, you could have deleted a file that contained a critical dependency, lots of possible problems? It is unlikely a program bug, as many of us would experience it if it were a bug. Sometimes even hardware can be a problem, some controller is creating a conflict?

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Have you looked at the event viewer? Maybe that might give an indication of what’s causing it.

I’d also make sure the graphics card drivers are up to date. Don’t know if it’s relevant but I had a few CTD’s last week. The Xbox game bar updated itself & told me so just as I’d started a flight. I tried to exit the popup when flight sim crashed. So.. I disabled the game bar completely and the CTDs stopped.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles