A320 Still got problems

Hi I hate to keep harping on about the AP in the A320 but I still cant get it to work in fact i cant even get it to take off well.

I have installed the last Flybywire mod .

I have done the Cold and dark start up.

I have started from the runway.

The only thing I haven't done is enter information into MCU if that's the right Abbreviation for the flight computer the reason being I dont yet understand it and how to enter information (is this important) and would it affect my flying.

Despite watching vids on youtube i can only manage to pick up snippets from each vid.

This is what happens After a check while on the runway I set the clock and move to let engines initialise ,then move stick to toga ,slight down pressure till 100knots rotate at 140/ 160knots hand fly first 3000 ft then put AP on obviously gear is up and flaps are retracted ,that seems fine ,then the plane veers left and if I leave it a crash results.

Am I doing something wrong is it the mcu not having certain info ,although I have flown before without entering anything.

Can anyone please advise me what I am doing wrong any help would be much appreciated Thanks

Andrew

What mode is the autopilot in? What did you set for VS?

He is not a very patient instructor, so you will probably need to watch some of this video 4 or 5 times.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks for reply, don't understand Mode for AP just pressed the button.

And I thought the VS was set automatically so I didn't change it what's a good VS but it seems to climb ok it's just when I engage AP Disaster strikes lol.

In retrospect it could low FPS causing it not sure

I have a new super System on order might make some difference.

Andrew

Edited by Apollo212

It is much more complicated than you are realizing. I know it is time consuming, but you need to watch the video at least 3 times in DERTAIL! It isn't anything like the FSX autopilot!!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks for quick reply ,So what do you think is causing the veering off to the right ? Is it the VS ? or lack of info in the mcu ? Low FPS or something else ,and yes I do realise it is not like fsx and have watched videos several times . I am not looking for miracles just to be able to fly it i can always polish afterwards lol

Andrew

Until you understand the autopilot well enough to answer my question with understanding, then none of your questions make any sense. There are no shortcuts, you must understand how it works to make it work correctly! I can't explain all the functions and modes in three sentences. Take the time to watch the whole video in detail 3 times, and then come back and we can have an intelligent conversation.

Sequencing and modes are both critically important. Until you understand the correct sequence to use the controls and the different modes, I can't help you!!

Edited by plainsman

Hi thanks for reply I don't think there is any need to take that attitude with me ,I am a 73yr old with some experence in fsx ,I really don't need that kind of response I certainly didn't expect you to Answer in 3 sentences but just steer me in the direction as to what I might be doing wrong nm just forget it Thanks Anyway.

Andrew

I am not being condescending and we are about the same age, it isn't meant to have attitude, I can't explain why it won't work for you, until you fully understand how and why it is working the way it does. It is much more complex than just engaging the AP! Just watch the video 3 times and you will begin to understand what i am getting at. I promise, there are no shortcuts, you have to understand it to use it!!

To illustrate what i am getting at, each control has a managed and user function. If you have no data entered in the FMC, and it is in managed function, it will be looking for data which by default will probably be 0. Under different conditions the AP will default to various modes. You have to understand what the modes are and when each becomes active. Unlike FSX, sequencing (doing things in the correct order) is important.