Hello! Where are the choices for multiple screens?

I am a real world pilot with several thousand hours in my log book. But in every one of those hours I was able to not just see the dashboard or just the view straight ahead, I was able to look out the right and the left window and see the rest of the world s I saw it while actually flying.

I could redo my RW experience as a RW pilot in +FS9, FSX and several other "sims" That's why I use store bought rudder pedals, yoke, etc, and three screens of monitors!

As a 100% disabled RW pilot, I hugely want to be able to look at the world and see what I saw RW as a RW pilot!!

The first screen, or center monitor is the view of the instrument panel and the view out the front of the aircraft. The second monitor was the view I always saw on my left, likewise the third monitor was the view looking to my right. Isn't htat the views we actually see while flying!!??

If I can't replicate the RW views that RW pilots flew and and saw every flight 2020 is IMHO a piece of junk that has zero relationship to the real wold program regardless of how pretty the scenery might look!! IMHO flight simming is nothing about great screen shots! Flight Simming should be all about making a pilot a better pilot!!l

Edited by rick
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

But with the greatest respect, I don't think this programme, as a flight sim, was ever intended for use solely as a substitute for real world flying or a training aid. From an economics point of view there would simply not be sufficient people interested enough to make all the work put into it a viable proposition. The makers need to attract as many buyers as possible and the "pretty views" as you put it are there to do just that - without them you wouldn't have something that is really highly sophisticated and streets ahead of anything else in its genre.

But as it is so sophisticated, and probably put out before it was flawless to get some cash in, we've got to accept MS freely stating that it is still a work in progress and probably will be for a long time to come. Yes there are lots of things we'd all like to see and hopefully they will be taken on board (as long as they are put to MS in the proper way i.e. via Zendesk or whatever it's called).

I fully understand your frustration, and perhaps your "piece of junk" opinion reflects that. But as my parents used to tell me (and still do actually) you can't just have everything you want straight away.

I used to be a lowly PPL with a few addon ratings and am enjoying getting back into the swing of flying by trying to be as "real world" as I can - I'd love the all round view too but for now I'm happy enough with what we've got and will slowly rebuild my abilities - but still take the opportunity to look at the view.

Finally, and again with much respect, if you are that disappointed I'd suggest you went back to a flightsim that does what you want it to do.

Hi Rupert, we will have to wait for multiple screen support as Loki & Terry have said.

In the mean time you can always stretch MSFS across three screens as I do. It's not ideal because the left & right windows look a bit distorted but it still gives a feeling of immersion.

Regards

Steve

2F5317F8-4A08-40FB-809E-971DE9B58C1A.jpeg

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 4 months later...
I am trying to configure FSX with three monitors. I saw a You Tube tutorial with detailed instructions on how to configure both Windows and FSX for multiple monitor use (he was actually using 8 monitors!). At one point in the tutorial, he has free flight paused and clicks to show the menu that allows you to choose, cockpit, outside, etc. His menu has the option of "new view" that he uses to create a view for each monitor. When I follow the same steps, the menu that appears does not include "new view". Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I am using FSX Deluxe Edition.

Well, well. As a FSX flyer using Gen X scenery of England, and tracker, I thus get a pretty good replication of what a RW pilot sees.

It gets not very good at lower altitudes, but overall I see good scenery and I see it as a RW pilot does.

I wondered what fs 2020 gives, and I was pointed to uk scenery video on YouTube.

Soon as I saw the camera view showing the external view of the plane, I "smelled a rat"

This thread now indicates that fs2020 is light years ( all right, hyperbole😀) from giving me a pilots view where I can look out the window, e.g by turning my head slightly, and lean forward to look down over the left window etc. Just like a real pilot would

To say that the new sim going backwards in replicating RW flying is acceptable , is strange . It is called a flight "simulator ", Isn't it?

What fs 2020 is now, is not that by the sounds of it.

It's a sort of flight simulator. It's like a game where you watch a plane fly around over breathtaking scenery is it?.

I take it that trackir does not work with fs2020, is that right? Also, are there VC cockpits even?

Well, well. As a FSX flyer using Gen X scenery of England, and tracker, I thus get a pretty good replication of what a RW pilot sees.

It gets not very good at lower altitudes, but overall I see good scenery and I see it as a RW pilot does.

I wondered what fs 2020 gives, and I was pointed to uk scenery video on YouTube.

Soon as I saw the camera view showing the external view of the plane, I "smelled a rat"

This thread now indicates that fs2020 is light years ( all right, hyperbole😀) from giving me a pilots view where I can look out the window, e.g by turning my head slightly, and lean forward to look down over the left window etc. Just like a real pilot would

To say that the new sim going backwards in replicating RW flying is acceptable , is strange . It is called a flight "simulator ", Isn't it?

What fs 2020 is now, is not that by the sounds of it.

It's a sort of flight simulator. It's like a game where you watch a plane fly around over breathtaking scenery is it?.

I take it that trackir does not work with fs2020, is that right? Also, are there VC cockpits even?

See my reply to your question on the FSX forum.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Both TrackIR and VR are supported and, much to the dismay of those that like 2D panels, there are only virtual cockpits.

It's a simulator that's still under development. Full multiple screen support is being worked on, among many other features. I would suggest checking out the Feature Discovery series of videos at the link below to see where they are going with the sim.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/media/

"I take it that trackir does not work with fs2020, is that right?"

I don't know what a VC cockpit is, but the new sim does work with VR headsets.

As to an IR head tracker? No, you are wrong. In oh so many ways. But thanks to freedom of choice, you need not apologize for what platform you use as a flight sim nor waste emotional energy as a contrarian to any other platforms.

I say if it's got wings and a motor, it's all good.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Both TrackIR and VR are supported and, much to the dismay of those that like 2D panels, there are only virtual cockpits.

It's a simulator that's still under development. Full multiple screen support is being worked on, among many other features. I would suggest checking out the Feature Discovery series of videos at the link below to see where they are going with the sim.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/media/

Oh, thank you. Excellent that they are supported. .

Unfortunately, I have old joysticks, not able to be used with windows 10. Does ms2020 need windows 10.? I have a feeling it does.

It does look wonderful scenery, though. Tempting.

Oh, thank you. Excellent that they are supported. .

Unfortunately, I have old joysticks, not able to be used with windows 10. Does ms2020 need windows 10.? I have a feeling it does.

It does look wonderful scenery, though. Tempting.

Yes, Windows is required (the requirements are available on the official site).

What joysticks do you have exactly? I have a 20 year old Thrustmaster that works fine.

Yes, Windows is required (the requirements are available on the official site).

What joysticks do you have exactly? I have a 20 year old Thrustmaster that works fine.

Hi. Got a Cougar. Foxy software. I use it together with a spitfire sim controller, I.e replica spitfire joystick and pedals.

I am a real world pilot with several thousand hours in my log book. But in every one of those hours I was able to not just see the dashboard or just the view straight ahead, I was able to look out the right and the left window and see the rest of the world s I saw it while actually flying.

I could redo my RW experience as a RW pilot in +FS9, FSX and several other "sims" That's why I use store bought rudder pedals, yoke, etc, and three screens of monitors!

As a 100% disabled RW pilot, I hugely want to be able to look at the world and see what I saw RW as a RW pilot!!

The first screen, or center monitor is the view of the instrument panel and the view out the front of the aircraft. The second monitor was the view I always saw on my left, likewise the third monitor was the view looking to my right. Isn't htat the views we actually see while flying!!??

If I can't replicate the RW views that RW pilots flew and and saw every flight 2020 is IMHO a piece of junk that has zero relationship to the real wold program regardless of how pretty the scenery might look!! IMHO flight simming is nothing about great screen shots! Flight Simming should be all about making a pilot a better pilot!!l

I too was waiting on multiple monitors but decided to try VR and its great, just like setting in the plane I could land easer because I could just look over and line the plane up on the runway, if you can spare the two to three hundred bucks its well worth it.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

if you can spare the two to three hundred bucks its well worth it.

More like $599.00, plus a new graphics card $900.00 and possibly a new power supply $250.00 plus tax on all that.

At least that's what I'd be looking at. So I'll wait for the graphics cards to drop in price and maybe for a newer version of the HP reverb. What I have now isn't so bad. And I may buy a curved monitor while I'm waiting.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I do not hesitate to mention the more affordable $75 Grass Monkey Odyssey and Puck IR head tracking system. Definitely a sim experience enhancing 'poor man's' VR alternative.

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx