Dolby 5.1 in MSFS 2020?

I have a Vizio SB3651-E6 soundbar connected via a "display port-to-hdmi" cable using a display port on my Gigabyte RTX 2070S. I can get 3.1 sound (left, center, right and SW) when running MSFS but no sound comes through the rear speakers.

I have found VERY little information about sound systems re: MSFS. I have read that support for Dolby Atmos is native for MSFS, but my system is not Dolby Atmos compatible.

Anyone have any ideas about this and how to use non-Atmos Dolby 5.1 with MSFS with all speakers functional?

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Hmmm. Still a dearth of information, I guess. But it turns out that the problem is most likely a Windows 10 issue. I am working on it now and will hopefully have it resolved later this morning.

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

This may not be helpful, but I have an older 5.1 Logitech system (Z506) and other than a problem with my sub-woofer cutting in and out (I think due to the age of it), all 6 speakers seem to work.

I used the "Configure" option in the Control Panel (as my "Default Device" speaker system) and tested the sound for each speaker. MSFS recognizes the "default" system unless you change it to headphones.

I also double-checked that my drivers were up-to-date.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies . . . on further analysis, despite re-configuring through Windows, my rear left and right speakers are providing only a muffled sound with MSFS (which I don't think is intentional). I tried other games and found that they all work very well.

I may file a "ticket" through Zendesk, unless you or someone else may have already found a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to the surround sound issue, I have filed a ticket with Zendesk and it has been "Resolved", which means it will be fixed at some in the future.

This tells me that they recognize the "bug" and will address it. We'll have to wait and see as to when.