FS20 Deluxe Digital Download

Has anyone downloaded FS20 Premium Deluxe Digital Edition from the MS Store? I thought there were supposed to be 30 planes in the Premium Deluxe Edition. I must have missed a step during download because my Content Manager only shows 2 out of 30 planes (Cessna 152 and Daher TBM 930). How would I go about downloading the remaining 28 planes? Help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron
RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

May have something to do with my Windows10 not up to date. Working on remedy. Thanks for the info. Ron
RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

You can get them from the content manager.

Selecting Content Manager gives me a choice of only 2 planes.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQ1Gmt20/content-manager-2.jpg

Have you tried repairing MSFS? or maybe resetting it if that doesn’t work?

Press Windows key.. start typing Flight or Microsoft Flight.. so that MSFS appears on the list.. then click “app settings”

From there you will see the repair and reset options

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Uninstalled FS20 Premium Deluxe Digital, Windows10 update to v20H2, reinstalled FS20. Still, only 2 planes in Content Manager and Market Place is grayed out. Watched the install package path and noticed a lot of loop backs during download. Try direct ethernet connection to router next. I hope to be flying soon. Those that have a working sim, I wonder what your installed packages file looks like. I have 68 items. Would like to share an image of it. The file is located at something like: C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Thanks, Ron

W10 Home, v20H2, Installed 10/21/2020, OS Build 19042.572

16GB RAM, Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070,

M.2 SSD (1.0 TB)

Ron, how are you downloading from the ms store? I’ve reinstalled many times and it’s always gone smoothly(as an alpha tester too)

Even though I own the premium deluxe, I only install the basic sim.

I then install the digital ownership.

I launch the sim and after asking for an installation location, it downloads & installs everything, including all the aircraft (you don’t actually install premium deluxe in the store)

Forgive me if you already know all this but it’s worth noting if not

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Even though I own the premium deluxe, I only install the basic sim.

Steve, now that's note worthy! To begin, I usually click on and install Microsoft Premium Deluxe Digital Edition from the Microsoft Store. Never thinking to install the basic sim first, then install digital ownership. The Launcher gets installed first, right? Worth a try! With my install procedure, all I get are 2 planes Cessna 152 and Daher TBM 930.

Thanks much, Ron

Hi Ron, yes I have never downloaded the premium deluxe from the ms store.

I first download the basic sim, followed by the digital ownership. Then when I launch the sim, it automatically installs the premium deluxe.

Once eventually done, I go into the content manager & let it install my additional stuff.. like London landmarks.. Leeds/Bradford etc. But yes, you don’t actually install the premium sim from the ms store.

Regards

Steve

I first download the basic sim, followed by the digital ownership

Steve, where do you download the basic sim from, if not from the MS Store? I thought the sim was paid for and downloaded only from the MS Store? There's the Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe Sims, so, I'm not sure what you mean by "basic sim".

Ron

Steve, where do you download the basic sim from, if not from the MS Store? I thought the sim was paid for and downloaded only from the MS Store? There's the Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe Sims, so, I'm not sure what you mean by "basic sim".

Ron

He's referring to the initial download from the Microsoft Store, which is common to all editions of the sim. The difference between the editions is the content that gets downloaded when you run the sim for the first time.

He's referring to the initial download from the Microsoft Store, which is common to all editions of the sim. The difference between the editions is the content that gets downloaded when you run the sim for the first time.

Correct :)

Yes, I download the basic sim from the MS Store, followed by the digital ownership.

I don’t download the premium deluxe upgrade though, as that is done automatically

Regards

Steve

the initial download from the Microsoft Store

Sorry, the initial download, what am I looking for here? The Standard version? I guess I would need to see something visual to understand this step. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry, the initial download, what am I looking for here? The Standard version? I guess I would need to see something visual to understand this step. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. Yes, the standard version

Regards

Steve

Once you have purchased the sim in the Microsoft Store there is no difference between how each is installed. You just select the sim and click install. Your issue isn’t from you missing something or doing something wrong, and is something others have run into.

I understand your frustration, I have been there. This is what I was told to do. But again remember to start the sim not from the MS store, or (Xbox) but from where you were starting the sim in windows before your problem started. It seems to me it is a windows problem and not the sim's.

You need to do a clean reinstall and follow our step-by-step guide to fix your installation. Before doing so, please do the following

Step 1: Log out of the Xbox App (beta)

Step 3: Log out of the Xbox Companion App (if installed)

Step 5: Uninstall the Xbox App (beta)

Step 6: Uninstall the Xbox Companion App

Step 7: Reboot the computer

Launch the game from the Windows tray (Type Flight Simulator) and see if the content (re-appeared) or is now downloadable.

If the content is still missing, please follow these steps:

Step 1. Make sure that you are logged in the Microsoft Store App on your computer with the Microsoft Account used to purchase your copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator Deluxe Premium Edition. We recommend signing-out and signing back again.

Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer

In the Windows Search Bar, type "Store"

Click on Microsoft Store and select "Open" in the menu

Click on the icon in the top right-hand side corner of the screen

Under your email address, click on Sign Out

Click on the profile icon again, then select "Sign in" and enter your credentials.

Step 2. Make sure that updates such as Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider are correctly installed.

Open the Microsoft Store App on your computer

Click on the three-dots menu in the right hand side corner of the screen (or the arrow)

Select Download and Updates

Click on "get updates"

Wait for all the updates to install

Reboot your computer

Step 3. Make sure that the Time & Language settings of your PC are correctly set up.

On your PC, select Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.

Go to Date & time to verify your time & timezone settings

Go to Region to check your location.

These settings must match the location and time zone in the Microsoft account. If they don't match you will be prevented to install your additional content.

Step 4. Uninstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app and delete any remaining Official and Community Packages.

In the search box on the taskbar, type Microsoft Flight Simulator

Click on Uninstall.

A pop-up will appear. Click on Uninstall to confirm you want to remove the sim.

DO NOT KEEP ANY LEFTOVER FILES.

If you have installed Microsoft Flight Simulator at the default location go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe and make sure to delete any file that would still be there.

If you have installed Microsoft Flight Simulator in a custom folder (for instance D:\MSFS) go to that custom folder and delete any leftover file.

If you have downloaded and installed Community created content, move them to a temporary folder outside of the installation folder. Some community created content can prevent the Official content to install correctly.

Step 5. Once Microsoft Flight Simulator is uninstalled

Press the WINDOW key on your keyboard (Windows icon key) and type "Store" to bring up the Microsoft Store app

Click on the icon in the top right-hand side corner of the screen to show the email address—Make sure you are logged in with the Microsoft account used to purchase MSFS. If you are not, sign out and sign bak in again with the correct account.

Go to 'My Library'

Select Microsoft Flight Simulator and select install

Next, make sure to install Digital Ownership

Step 6. Download and install the game packages

From within the Store, click on Launch to open Microsoft Flight Simulator

Follow the instructions on-screen to install the Mandatory content.

Once the mandatory content is installed, if you see two aircraft in the hangar, you'll need to install the remaining additional content.

Go to Profile > Content Manager

Step 2: Select the content you want to use in the sim (we recommend to download all)

Step 3: Click on Download selected to install the content you selected

Step 4: Wait for the download to finish.

follow our step-by-step guide to fix your installation

Lots of info here to help me along with installation. I'll give it a try.

Thank you.

Ron

Step 6 above "Download and install the game packages".

Downloaded sim using ethernet cable, download time reduced significantly from wifi connection

Monitored the sim install packages path i.e.:

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Could not find selections for "Mandatory" or, remaining additional content".

Nothing is shown in My Library

Market Place is greyed out

Content Manager has no option to download all

The sim as downloaded is only 97Gb, I think it should be over 100Gb

Only 2 planes shown in Content Manager

Attached screen shots hopefully. Still trying to get a complete download.

content-manager-2.jpg

Market-Placea.jpg

Add. Screen shot of folders in the Install Packages Path Only the 2 planes appear to be installed.

List-of-Folders-1a.jpg

the problem is there are only two planes in the content manager and nothing else at all........ it's something to do with 2004 version of windows.... I fix is on the way, I'm waiting too!! ha..... Microsoft and ASOBO are like the Police and Fire department in NYC, always at odds with each other lol

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

the problem is there are only two planes in the content manager and nothing else at all........ it's something to do with 2004 version of windows....

Same issue here with W10 v2004 as with v20H2

W10 Home, v20H2, Installed 10/21/2020, OS Build 19042.572

16GB RAM, Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070,

M.2 SSD 1.0

Microsoft Flight simulator zendesk suggests, the time spent flying specific activities with these 2 planes, will unlock more airplanes to download. What? Does this mean I've got to log 50 Hours flying time to uncover more planes?

Pilot-Profile.jpg