Aircraft Listing All Over The Place

ac103010

In my initial aircraft page the pictured of some of the aircraft and the tital don 't matych the actual aircraft. For example, I have the Cub name and when I select the aircraft it chows correctly. Hoever, the picture showing in the aircraft listiong is actually an A320

Also, with the default aircraft, only one shows, which means I can'r select others. I'fe checked the cfg file and all the textures, air files, [flightsim x] numbers are correct.

Am I doing something wrong, here?

Hi. Seems like you're on the right track. But I got there accidentally. I found that one of my aircraft was missing a thumbnail pic, so I created one and my listing seems to have sorted itself out.

But this raises another question, along similar lines. In some aircraft folders I, like most people, have multiple aircraft in one folder. For example, I have Virgin and Malta aircraft in one A320 folder. The virgin aircraft shows in my listing but my Malta doesn't, Same with the default aircraft. Why is this? I don't remember this being the case when I was active on the sim about 5 years ago.

@ Wim

Wasn't there a thread several years ago discussing the missing white default aircraft like the C172 and others? I remember Jim Robinson providing the solution about adding texture.cfg to some of the texture folders and renaming them texture.white.

I recall that it eliminated a lot of scattered and missing aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

But this raises another question, along similar lines. In some aircraft folders I, like most people, have multiple aircraft in one folder. For example, I have Virgin and Malta aircraft in one A320 folder. The virgin aircraft shows in my listing but my Malta doesn't, Same with the default aircraft. Why is this? I don't remember this being the case when I was active on the sim about 5 years ago.

In the aircraft selection screen, there is a tick-box for "show all variants". Selecting that should hopefully solve that issue.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

My apologies for that.

Yes, all other problems solved, and I'm grateful for the advice. Thank you. I think my problem was I was trying to rush things and do too many things at the same time.

So the only issue that remains is where I only get default aircraft when I select "Commercial Airliners". But it's not a major issue.

So the only issue that remains is where I only get default aircraft when I select "Commercial Airliners".

That's defined by the ui_typerole= line in the [fltsim] sections of aircraft.cfg for each aircraft.

Some of the developers/repainters (me included) don't care for adding that line.

[fltsim.0]
title=Airbus A321 Paint2
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check
kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref
atc_id=F-MSAB
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"
[color=#ff0000][b]ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"[/b][/color]
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus’ best-selling short- and medium-range A320. The A321 has a slightly increased wing area, stronger landing gear with larger tires, and engines with increased thrust. When the A321 entered service in 1988, it pioneered the use of “glass cockpit” instrumentation, the first digital fly-by-wire control system used in an airliner, and sidestick controllers."

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg