Is your car in fs2020

Everyone always fly's over there house to see how it looks but what about your car.

I use to work at a bait shop on the west coast of FL. Evidently when the satellite passed over to take the pic I was at work. My little red car is there in the gravel parking lot as is my co workers white station wagon. They are not vary high res but if you know what your looking for its there.

I will have to admit this is pretty amazing and I really did not think I would live to see the day when this kind of thing is in a flight sim

Only problem now is; according to FS 2020 I am stuck in the hell of always being at work. I will submit that as a bug complaint. My car does not mirror my current location......come on ASOBO get your act together:)

Edited by natman1965

My house isn’t even in.. except for a blurred flat photo of it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

My neighborhood is pretty well depicted. My house though, it's in the correct location, just flat looking (like someone else posted). However, that was at night, will have to take a look at it in the daytime.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Fortunately the area where I live and work is one of the featured Hi-Resolution Photogrametry areas that they featured in the program, Abington PA just north of Philadelphia. This means that my home and the school where I teach are both there in pretty high detail and yes my cars are in the simulator as well, though not quite as highly detailed. I am still amazed at how realistic everything looks in the program and once they get all of the issues worked out it will be a great simulator. My neighborhood has a lot of trees though and it is hard to see my house underneath the large oak and maple trees that are in my yard, but it is definitely there.

I got lucky with the photogrammetry also. I can pretty much start north of Tampa at Cedar key which has the distinction of being Florida's shortest paved runway and fly the coast line all the way down to Key West and its all pretty much photogrammetry.

Its a good possibility that you could put me anywhere along that path and I could tell you where I am just by looking out the window. Not possible in other sims that for sure. I guess I should try to keep this in mind the next time I am frustrated by all the bugs. If they get em fixed this is the best sim I have owned hands down.

I suppose you could land the Icon or 152 on the closest wide highway then use Showcase camera to walk up and take a look!

Where I parked at work has a dock and small beach only 60 or so feet from where my car is parked. I can beach the Icon there and might be able to see my parked car from the plane itself.

Not only is my house in the sim, but also my covered and outdoor arenas at both of my properties — now the buildings representing my barns are incorrect but they are properly placed as well as my swimming pool and the ponds on my acreage — pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Natman, I am also on the West coast of Fl. Cedar Key is a wonderful flight. I consider Venice KVNC my home airport. My house is well depicted as is most of the city. Just beautiful stuff.

Tom

in FS. Tomswfl