Why Isn't MSFS2020 in My List of Programs?

Not that I'm planning on uninstalling, but:

Windows10 Control Panel has a feature for Uninstalling/Repairing a program. MSFS doesn't show up in the list. (I know where it is on my hard drive.) Not entirely sure what the "Repair" function does, but it once worked wonders for me in P3D when I couldn't load any airport between Las Vegas and Tokyo.

Mac6737

Because it's under Apps and Features.

Thanks.

Right. How silly of me to not know that it wasn't a "program."

BTW, I see that "FSX Acceleration" appears in both menus. And the Apps and Features menu does not include the repair function. Is there a way to "repair" FS2020? (Perish the thought.)

Mac6737

Thanks.

Right. How silly of me to not know that it wasn't a "program."

BTW, I see that "FSX Acceleration" appears in both menus. And the Apps and Features menu does not include the repair function. Is there a way to "repair" FS2020? (Perish the thought.)

Mac6737

The repair option is there in Apps and Features. Select the application you want to repair, and select the “Advanced options”.

As for the difference, Apps and Features is the new way, and will likely completely replace the old control panel.

Apps are the result of the I-phone market. Apple convinced everyone that programs were scary cumbersome things, but apps were just friendly little tools. Who knew, I had been using apps since the mid 1980s with Computer Associates SuperCalc and Easywriter "apps", and on an 80286 with a gigantic 24MB HD! Yes, that is correct, my first HD was 24MB!!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The repair option is there in Apps and Features. Select the application you want to repair, and select the “Advanced options”.

As for the difference, Apps and Features is the new way, and will likely completely replace the old control panel.

Not on my computer. There are no "Advanced Options" in Apps & Features. I take it you mean click on an app to select. After you click, there are only Then there are only 2 choices offered: "Modify" and "Uninstall."

Mac6737

Not on my computer. There are no "Advanced Options" in Apps & Features. I take it you mean click on an app to select. After you click, there are only Then there are only 2 choices offered: "Modify" and "Uninstall."

Mac6737

The “Advanced options” is a link right below the applications name, not a button.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

The “Advanced options” is a link right below the applications name, not a button.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

Thank you, Loki.

Yesterday, I apparently clicked on apps that don't have "advanced options," as explained in the link you sent. FSX, for instance, does not. Go figure.

Mac6737

Thank you, Loki.

Yesterday, I apparently clicked on apps that don't have "advanced options," as explained in the link you sent. FSX, for instance, does not. Go figure.

Mac6737

The difference is whether the program came from the Microsoft Store, such as MSFS, or is a more traditional Windows application, like FSX. All apps from the MS Store will have those advanced options, while older programs are dependent on what the developer provides.

In those cases i use to rightclick on the exefile and choose create shortcut.. then just drag it to the desktop or somewhere where i want it?

The question was about finding the sim in the control panel to uninstall or repair, not the Start menu.