FS Map Tool - A new mobile map app utility for MS FS 2020

Announcing FS Map Tool, a new mobile map utility for MS FS2020 which has just been released on the Apple App Store and will be available soon on Google Play, too. It's a simple yet effective external map utility that shows your current plane location on an interactive map, alongside other parameters such as speed, altitude and heading.

Head over to www.fsmaptool.com for more info.

I've made this in my spare time as a fun side project. Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions and ideas on how to improve the app. I'm open for feedback and happy to include new features wherever possible.

Happy flying!

screenshots.jpg?raw=true

Thanks for the info.

I’ve bought/downloaded it & it’ll try it tomorrow when I’ve got a bit more time.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have had FS Map Tool running & it works very well :) It’s certainly worth the 99p

I did have a slight problem when I downloaded the little server program, in that Windows kept saying it wasn’t safe & blocked it. Also it was a RAR file which meant I had to download a program to unzip it.

Other than that, no problems at all. It displays an aircraft icon on the map which is nice.

I used to use the flight events map ( https://events.flighttracker.tech/ ) which is another good one, & completely free. It doesn’t show an aircraft icon (it displays a black dot with a line in front of it) but it does give a bit more info.. like you can see the route you’ve been flying.

I think the flight events one is possibly better at the moment, but the FS Map Tool is simpler and runs a bit better on my old iPad.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I have just purchased the android version. When I attempted to open the tool server installer, MS Defender Smart Screen identified it as being malicious software. What is your advice on what I should do now?

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

It’s absolutely fine. It did the same for me.

Same goes for the previous map I used to use (flight events) Windows always tries to block these programs but they’re fine to use.

Regards

Steve

I have been using it for VFR flights on general aviation aircraft and it is a very useful tool. At first it would not connect to the server because my firewall was blocking it. Once I allowed it to get through the firewall, it worked well. Customer service was good and I recommend giving it a try.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

• 2 months later...
I am being told by the app, when I open it, that there is a later version available. If I go to the Google app store, it states that the app is already installed whereas I would normally expect an Update icon. So, how do I update to the latest version?

The Google App store? I think you mean the Microsoft Store. Log out of your Microsoft account and then log back in again. Open the MS Store and your update should be there.

Hi Tim, no it’s not the Microsoft Store.

I’ve got the same app. Mine was from the Apple App Store though & is still the latest version.

nsproles, You might need to download the latest server program from the map tools website.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, I realised eventually and deleted my post while you were posting yours Lol!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No worries LOL

Regards

Steve

Installed it on PC and android tablet, was a breeze and works fine.

Wished you could decluter it some but I understand that is the nature of the used maps.

Good app, a lot better then the VFR map in MSFS.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD