Too much turbulence at low altitude

The only planes I can fly at low altitude are the Cessna and cub every thing else gets bounced all over the place at low altitude, get above 2000 ft and they smooth out!

I have the weather set to clear shies and no wind!!!

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

In real life you get a lot of turbulence just from the heating of the atmosphere during the summer months, much smoother in colder weather. This turbulence is independent of wind and can be quite noticeable.

And for the first time it's being modeled. No more flying on rails. The terrain around you influences your stability. You can change back to legacy flight model if you prefer.

James M

Director Ohio Valley Golden Age A Golden Age Regional Airline Simulation

Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS Prime X570-P, NVidia GTX 1660 Super, 32G 3200mhz, 1TB Samsung SSD, HC Alpha, HC Bravo, Windows 11

And for the first time it's being modeled. No more flying on rails. The terrain around you influences your stability. You can change back to legacy flight model if you prefer.

Ahh, so that is what that means.

Excellent!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

The only planes I can fly at low altitude are the Cessna and cub every thing else gets bounced all over the place at low altitude, get above 2000 ft and they smooth out!

I have the weather set to clear shies and no wind!!!

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Does the amount of turbulence below 2,000 change with the time of day, perhaps early morning being smooth and then the turbulence builds as the day goes on? I don't have the new sim, but that's how the real world behaves in many areas. Of course the season affects this, in addition to location (summer in the mountain west or desert gets really bumpy, often above 10,000 MSL in the afternoon), in addition to the weather -- perhaps stratus clouds would make it smoother.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I'm having this problem as well flying the Baron. It is all I can do to keep from crashing on takeoff it is so bad. After liftoff it veers left or right and I have to fight to regain control until I gain enough altitude for it to calm down. Same issue on landing. I tried both Legacy and Modern with the same effect. I have also tried changing the weather to sunny and calm. I am using a Saitek Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Any ideas??? I would hate to have to go back to FSX after spending $120.

I'm having this problem as well flying the Baron. It is all I can do to keep from crashing on takeoff it is so bad. After liftoff it veers left or right and I have to fight to regain control until I gain enough altitude for it to calm down. Same issue on landing. I tried both Legacy and Modern with the same effect. I have also tried changing the weather to sunny and calm. I am using a Saitek Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Any ideas??? I would hate to have to go back to FSX after spending $120.

I'm still having trouble also, tried about everything, weather, wind, controls!

Not all planes do it as I said in my original post, some hardly at all, and others like the one we will call the Lear jet, can't remember it's name right now is almost uncontrollable roll violently to the right and left!!! Below 2000 ft!

Back in 1957, I remember taking a Pilot Weather Briefing Course in my early days with the U.S. Weather Bureau, long before the days of youtube videos. In one of the diagrams, it showed how different terrain near the ground affected the surrounding air. Certain surfaces and conditions create more or less updrafts and downdrafts. For instance, if you were landing during a normal afternoon and you passed over such features as water, uneven surfaces, forests, cornfields, snowfields, different shades of road coatings etc., the air rising from these various surfaces would all differ. A dark surface such as black-soil would be much more pronounced than a snowfield. Hope I explained this simple enough.

This is one of the things I love about msfs, in areal aircraft,you often get knocked about coming into land so having the nvironment influence an approach is a great feature
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller