Old programs

Mowgli22

Hi, I'm finally moving to Win 10. I intend to follow the instructions by Robin for re-installing FS9. I also intend to run FSX-SE, i have many payware sceneries that are compatible with both sims. I want to ask my fellow simmers about any issues that you may have had installing programs such as REX FS2004 and Overdrive, GE Pro, Ultimate Terrain, etc Into FS9 of course.. If you have done the switch i would like to hear of any issues you might have encountered. Thanks, David Edited by Mowgli22
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

I installed REX and bunch of other add-ons, scenery and texture add-ons without issues. The biggest problem with Win 10 is complex aircraft. There are quite a few known not to work in Win 10.

Any you can name I have Qualitywings 757 and Bae, old PMDG 737, Capt.Sim, etc..

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

I have the QW 757 and it works fine on Windows 10 with FS9.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Qualitywings 757 is fine. Digital Aviation Fokker doesn't work, some Captain Sim I think have issues although I haven't tried them myself. Best bet is to try what you have and see for yourself. Level-D 767 is another and likely some Wilco's. There certainly are more and some issues may be hardware or software dependent so some aircraft may work for others but not for you. That's how it is with Win 10. I know I found enough problems to go back to running FS9 on Win 7 permanently. Didn't use Win 10 long enough to find all the things that don't work with it as it was clear very quickly Win 10 would be more trouble than it's worth. MSFS is a flop imo and I think people will find they will focus on the Xbox version so I see myself sticking with FS9 forever.

MSFS and Win 10 for my best interests I had to make go POOF! Gone! lol

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Thanks for the feedback James, Looking forward to getting started.

Thanks Mark, FS9 will always be my favorite. I just have to give fsx-se a try and see how it goes. Just hope that following Robins advice i can get FS9 running smoooth. Cheers

Thanks Mark, FS9 will always be my favorite. I just have to give fsx-se a try and see how it goes. Just hope that following Robins advice i can get FS9 running smoooth. Cheers

Robin will come in and argue but do not use compatibility modes on your system or run as admin. You shouldn't need it. If you have issues then use them but I'm quite certain why Robin himself needs to run those settings but they are a really bad idea for your system imo.

1. Install FS9

2. Install 9.1 patch

3. Install NOCD

All you should need.

Mark Daniels