Can You Believe This?

Downloaded freeware Devil's Tower.

Opened FS2020, went to Hulett in Cessna. Released brake. Full power: airspeed indicator got up to 90 kts, but plane would not budge!!!

Yet another waste of time. Maybe in a year or so . . . .

Mac6737

Opened FS2020, went to Hulett in Cessna. Released brake. Full power: airspeed indicator got up to 90 kts, but plane would not budge!!!

Mac6737

An airfield high above sea level needs lean mixture air in order to take off

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

That might be true Kapitan, but I think in this case the OP has simply pressed Active Pause & come on here to whinge

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

so you're saying this Sim was ready to go ?? LOL

No not at all. Like many others, I was extremely surprised when Asobo announced it was to be released so soon, but that’s probably down to MS telling them to. It does have many, many bugs which need to be fixed & many feature which need to be added.

But there are so many complaints about it which are often down to the user or the user’s hardware/software. I myself have had a lot of CTD’s recently. I’ve spent the last few days running MSFS & watching it crash (I have a cctv cam watching my screens so I don’t have to sit there LOL)

I’ve uninstalled & reinstalled various things. The last thing was yesterday when I disabled the Xbox game bar. MSFS has now been going non stop for over 18 hours, with me taking the occasional short flight.

So far no CTD’s. So.. as in many cases, it looks like MSFS isn’t at fault :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well... bearing in mind the Gamebar is currently the primary means of taking screenshots or in game video, you would have thought there would have been some testing at Asobo to ensure the two don't conflict.

And coincidentally, without Gamebar active I just went to load a saved flight for a second attempt at an approach into Cape Town (hit a mountain in the dark last night), pressed load and selected the file - instant CTD. Which I've never had before at that part of the game. Could be a corrupt save - about to try again - or just about anything.

Nope, same again. Okay off to play Elite Dangerous or ETS2 for a bit, try FS later.

Edited by Elvensmith
Vern.

Mac6737

So as to test, I've just performed the same flight but encountered no issues.

I've flown around devils tower and the black hills several hours, and never had an issue. Thats with the downloaded scenery, in several different types of aircraft.

In fact, in 75+ hours, I've had just one CTD, and that was my fault.

I really feel sorry for those whose PC set-up cannot tolerate MSFS. It must be extremely frustrating. But for many, many, many simmers, the software works just fine. To those from whom it doesn't, you have my sympathy. But like my dad used to say, complaining doesn't fix the problem.devils tower1.jpg

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

That might be true Kapitan, but I think in this case the OP has simply pressed Active Pause & come on here to whinge

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Good thought, but your inference is mistaken. AP is the first thing I checked, to make sure it was disengaged.

And I am not "whinge." One purpose of this forum is to identify bugs.

Nor do I maintain there is something wrong with this scenery. After rebooting the sim, I was able to take off from Hulett successfully.

I accept your apology.

Mac6737

If that’s the case then I apologise and I hope the issue doesn’t happen again

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta