Thread: Multiple windows; Recording of flights

1. Default Multiple windows; Recording of flights

Hi everyone,

When I use to fly FSX, I used these two helpful features:

One of them made multiple windows available. That way, you could see an external view of your aircraft at the same time you were looking at the cockpit view. Does this feature exist in FS2020?

Also, you could back up to see the last 30 seconds, 60 seconds, five minutes -- whatever you wanted -- of your flight. This was useful to analyze how well or poorly you just did in a takeoff or landing, for example. Does this feature exist in FS2020?

Thank you.

Stanley
    Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X
    Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

No multiple windows except what they want you to have. Very bad.

The only separate windows available at present are for instrument screens such as the G1000. Pop them out by using the right alt key (alt gr)on your keyboard whilst clicking on the instrument screen.

The other feature you mention, replays, is currently in development.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley777 View Post
    Hi everyone,

When I use to fly FSX, I used these two helpful features:

One of them made multiple windows available. That way, you could see an external view of your aircraft at the same time you were looking at the cockpit view. Does this feature exist in FS2020?

Also, you could back up to see the last 30 seconds, 60 seconds, five minutes -- whatever you wanted -- of your flight. This was useful to analyze how well or poorly you just did in a takeoff or landing, for example. Does this feature exist in FS2020?

Thank you.

Stanley
    They should have closely aligned MSFS with FSX it would have been MUCH better.

5. Default

Hi everyone,

learpilot, I agree with you. FSX had features that FS2020 lacks. The graphical presentation with FS2020 is beautiful, and perhaps eventually certain features from FSX will be reincorporated into FS2020.

stinger2k2, thank you for your reply. I am very glad to learn about popping out a window using the right Alt key. I didn't know about that, and I am glad that you told me and others about it. That capability is very helpful.

Thanks to everyone.

Stanley