simple question

hi, i just would like to know if anyone knows the installation path of fsdt gsx in fsx steam.....it seems to default to program files x86, but i wish to make sure.......

also the installation path of cyvr airport eg......in fsx steam....is it installed in the addon scenery folder in pgx86?......i asked before at dreamteam forum...no luck and i just asked again...nothing so far......

i just need to make sure my basics are correct before i start problem solving....thanks.......

GSX I don't know, but we can certainly talk Scenery.

1. scenery CAN be installed in the addon scenery folder inside FSX

2. scenery CAN also be anywhere on the machine you want to put it - and the simpler the location, the better.

here are some entries from my FSX-SE...

[Area.120]

Title=Addon Scenery

Local=Addon Scenery

Layer=131

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.121]

Title=FreeMeshX - Africa

Local=S:\FreeMesh\FreeMeshX - Africa

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=104

[Area.128]

Title=BONN

Local=S:\Addon Scenery\BONN

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=132

[Area.132]

Title=addonTrafficMil

Local=S:\Addon Scenery\addonTrafficMil

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=127

[Area.134]

Title=Bluesky_WA

Local=K:\Photoscenery\Bluesky_WA

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=134

[Area.135]

Title=Bluesky_SoCal

Local=K:\Photoscenery\Bluesky_SoCal

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=135

The simplest method I think is to create a Addon_Scenery folder on the C:\ drive and put all sceneries there manually.

A) it's easiest to find.

B) it's easiest to add to the Scenery Library.

C) it's easiest to remove if it doesn't work for you.

create an addon folder and place the individual airports in labeled folders inside thusly:

C:\

Addon_Scenery

. CYVR

.. scenery (scenery .bgl's go here)

.. texture (textures go here if needed)

. KMIA

.. scenery

.. texture

etc

If you have an installer that is capable of installing inside steam and FSX, use it if you want but I'd make some 'before' and 'after' screenshots to make sure that the scenery is actually installed and working correctly. I typically install to a dummy folder and move the files to my chosen location manually. No 'hunting' required.

I keep my sceneries outside of FSX because most are shared by FSX, FSX-SE, P3d v2, and P3d v3. Most sceneries, you will note, are NOT inside a folder inside of any sim; no duplication except with Orbx sceneries. I use several different drives because of space considerations and I also use Win7 and Win10 so sharing sceneries saves a lot of space on both OS drives.

I hope this helps

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

thanks for that, regarding addon sceneries...there's a lot i didn't know..........

but i think fsdt gsx defaults to pgmx86 as addon manager, and cyvr is installed in that place also, but is activated in fsx....sorry ..haven't the proper language here.....it's so difficult to learn anything and searching in the forums takes soooo long.....soooo much time......

it seemed to work when i installed it or them that way, but it took so long to show up , and after awhile, the scenery got wierd and pixelated etc....could have been oom problem, that's why i needed to be sure about the installation first before exploring elsewhere....cheers..............vc

1920x1080 yep....anyways i uninstalled the fsdt cyvr airport, so i can't do any screenshots, but i have the scenery config editor, and have unenabled those, i wont use, so we'll see what happens with ooms....

basically i just needed to confirm the installation path of fsdt gsx and cyvr in fsx steam, which is in pgm files x86....but even at dream team forums i couldn't get an answer....strange....again....gsx seems to default to pgm files x86 and shows as addon manager, and the cyvr seems to be installed in that folder, which may be correct, but i wanted confirmation......i think from there it detects fsx and installs cyvr there.....but i'm ignorant about it....it's amazing how difficult it is to get info sometimes :) thanks for your kindness.....i'm a pianist, so i'm not very smart about these things :).....vic

Edited by yancovitchvictor