So, after many, many years of resisting FS2004..

BobSeaman

Well, Nellis AFB went *boom*. :eek:

I wanted to try out the MAIW FS9 package for Nellis and it didn't go well. :rolleyes:

Some of the scenery loaded but a lot didn't (like the actual runways) so after puttering with it I gave up.

And un-installed the scenery. Then uninstalled it again ad now there's a pleasant grass field where the AFB used to sit. :rolleyes:

I did an install of the Nellis package to an empty folder on my desktop just to find all of the BGLs including the flattens. While I liked the idea of having the bombing ranges at least marked on the map, they aren't worth this hassle.

Worst case I can try installing the SDB FS9 Nellis package I'm using in FS2002, but I want to get the stock airport back, first.

Just a thought, maybe trying that Nellis at a different level in the library? Move it down?

See post #13. I have a complete backup of a clean FS9 install in a portable drive, to cover things like this.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yeah, I've got time to mess with it. :pilot:

The truth is that Nellis isn't that important if you're into flying bombers (although the traffic files could be..). :eek:

One thing I'm wondering, in FS2002 I can set up a flight as the default loaded flight and when I start the sim I'm in the view I set with the calendar and clock current with my system's time. I kinda get why you need the first menu in FS9 but why did they bother with a "use system time" option and... how can I get it to work? :confused: