Why don't all airports show up in main menu?

When I select my departure airport from the first map, only a few airports show up as selectable. The others are very small white dots. In the Philippines there's only one airport when you see the whole country. I know if you zoom in you can get some more, but why aren't they all selectable?

Maybe there are no parking spots at some airports/airstrips? Try entering the ICAO code or airport name into the search bar instead.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

They are all selectable, you just have to zoom in to find the smaller airports. The apparent reason is to make it easier to find major airports on the map.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Maybe there are no parking spots at some airports/airstrips? Try entering the ICAO code or airport name into the search bar instead.

The whole point is, I don't want to have to enter text in a search bar.

You don't have to enter anything! Just keep scrolling in with the mouse, and the smaller airports become selection options. If you are planning to fly a B787, a 1600 foot grass strip may not be a good choice, but it is selectable if you keep scrolling in.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The answer is because there are over 40,000 airports in the world, and the map on the screen would not be able to show that many without the text being so small as to be unreadable. Thus, the need to Zoom in.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

New to flight simulation? if you don't like it, don't use it

Actually, I've been running flight simulators since the first one on the apple ll in the early 80's. I can't complain about anything? What's this forum for then? Love and kisses?

as you drill down (zoom in) the dots appear - first as just white dots. Then as you zoom, more infromation is available.

And, I'm sure you don't expect a similar geographic area in the phillippines to have the same amount of airports as one of the most densely populated areas in the world, do you?

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Asobo have asked us to report any missing airports through Zendesk.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

What I would like to see in MSFS is a list of all add-on airports (purchased or free) that are installed.

Sometimes it's fun to just go and select one of the more detailed airports (small or big) and go for a flight -- but trying to remember all that I have installed... well lets just say I'm not getting any younger ;)

Tim, he isn't saying they are not there, he is just too incapacitated to scroll his mouse wheel into a range where the smaller airports become selectable. He thinks the program is written to function differently for some areas and not others. I am sure there is a departures or tonnage or some parameter that is used world wide to decide at what scale the airports become selectable? It isn't just that country isn't crowded, we will make it different there.

shb... there are 121 registered airports in ALL of the Phillippines. In the US there 24,026. Perhaps the reason you can't find too many airports in the Phillippines is because there AREN'T that many to find.

Actually, if you zoom to see the whole Philippines, you only see ONE airport. Since there's room to put many airports, why not?

I'm guessing the visibility of the airport is not based on geographic density, it's based on the classification of the airport. The shorter the runway, the more you have to zoom in.

I don't think it is based on runway length? I seem to have seen some very long runway airports at tier 3 or 4. It might be based on departures or passenger tonnage or emplanements?

The airports and identified landing stripes in the Phillippines ARE ALL THERE. You just have to zoom in to see them. And as to why, I'm guessing it's because the zoom reveals Airstrips and Airports based on some criteria involving size/length/tonnage or emplanement. And whatever it's based on I'm sure it's global.

If you'd like to volunteer your time to categorizing EVERY SINGLE area in the WORLD to classify how it's zoom ranks the airport visibility, I'd suggest you conatct ASOBO.

Actually, I've been running flight simulators since the first one on the apple ll in the early 80's. I can't complain about anything? What's this forum for then? Love and kisses?

Well said!! For one thing, if no one ever complains, the vendor/s never feel the need to make updates and improvements!

I worked 20 years in the US automobile industry. I know, US and European based brands failure to respond to complaints was exactly how the oriental brands got so much better and gained so much market share over what we were making!! They listened and responded to complaints!

But yes, this sim is somewhat better than what I had on my IIE. ;) Lots of shiny colors.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.