Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OK. I think I've Had it.

Angry OK. I think I've Had it.

I'm coming up on 2 months now. I have had ONE normal flight -- that is, with no bugs, errors, anomalies, etc.

Tonight, I left Exeter (EGTE) in the Baron. Sudden loss of control. Paused a few minutes, and was able to resume. Successfully engaged AP on NAV and ALT.

Lookin' good. Then I paused and went into the drop-down menu to alter the clouds. On return, TOTAL LOSS OF CONTROL! Plane headed straight up for the moon. It did respond to extreme pressure on joystick and, oddly, steady nose-down pressure on tab trim. Eventually regained control, but could never again engage AP successfully.

Back to P3D, until they get this thing flying right and publish a real manual.

(Maybe I'll cool off by morning.)

Mac6737

Don’t use Active Pause? Go into the optionns menu and set up keys for conventional pause on and off.
    Vern.

I just use the esc key, then when Im ready to fly again I hit resume button... AD

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    Don’t use Active Pause? Go into the optionns menu and set up keys for conventional pause on and off.
    Vern and Amberdog,

Well, I've been using Active Pause with no apparent problems until this week.

Using the ESC key would be nice, except you forget that when you ESC to pause, you're looking at the Home Page, and cannot manipulate your controls, or pull down the in-flight menu.

Finally, I noticed early on that the old P key did not work; took me a while to realize that Active Pause is different from Pause in FSX, where it freezes the screen and turns off the sound. So I thought my Pause/Break key was defective, and I assigned Active Pause to the P key. Are you telling me there's a "conventional pause" like the old one in FSX? I don't think so.

Mac6737

Yep, if you open the Controls settings page and search for "pause" it's there but not assigned.
    You need to assign "p" for pause, and "Ctrl+p" for un-pause, then Save the settings.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Isn't there a 'TOGGLE PAUSE' - say there is.

What was wrong with - P = pause -->> P again = un-pause

What we don't need is more keys to press - 3 keys to enable and dis-able 1 function (???)...

Is it just me or...

OK...inquiring minds...

So this is what I found;

Under 'Controls/keyboard' (make sure 'Filter' is "All").

'MISCELLANEOUS';
    - "SET PAUSE OFF"
    - "SET PAUSE ON"
    2 separate settings - 2 separate keys can be set...

'MENU';
    - "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" - default key = PAUSE
    - "TOGGLE PAUSE" - default key = ESC

So there it is. 'Set' keys under 'MISCELLANEOUS', or default settings under 'MENU' with "TOGGLE".

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Yep, if you open the Controls settings page and search for "pause" it's there but not assigned.
    You need to assign "p" for pause, and "Ctrl+p" for un-pause, then Save the settings.
    That worked for me!

Also, as a result, I finally found my neighborhood, and a very "rough" estimation of what my house looks like in MSFS
    Windows 10, 32 gigs RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660 I7 6400 running at 3.4

Worked for me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lawlegge View Post
    OK...inquiring minds...

So this is what I found;

Under 'Controls/keyboard' (make sure 'Filter' is "All").

'MISCELLANEOUS';
    - "SET PAUSE OFF"
    - "SET PAUSE ON"
    2 separate settings - 2 separate keys can be set...

'MENU';
    - "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" - default key = PAUSE
    - "TOGGLE PAUSE" - default key = ESC

So there it is. 'Set' keys under 'MISCELLANEOUS', or default settings under 'MENU' with "TOGGLE".
    Thanks for your efforts.

I changed "TOGGLE ACTIVE PAUSE" to the Pause/Break key. It does nothing, so maybe that key really is defective on my keyboard.

Then I did what you said under MISC, and SET PAUSE ON = p, PAUSE OFF = CTRL + p.

I don't believe I saw any difference between that "Pause" and "Active Pause." Motor keeps going.

Mac6737

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast