Auto Pilot problems

I am hoping someone has figured this out, but I can't seem to get AP to work on jets (e.g. 320, 787, 747).

I click on "Engage", but nothing happens, even if I set altitude, airspeed and direction. I also can't tell what Vertical Speed I have selected. It allows me to adjust it, but I don't see the number anywhere (e.g. 1800).

I am not yet using the FMS, so maybe it relates to that, but in FSX I could use the AP anytime.

Any help or direction to aids would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, loving the graphics!

The autopilot works differently in this sim. There are modes, which you must set before the other parts of the autopilot work. It is too complicated to go over here, but there are several Youtube videos on how this operates.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi dont worry amberdog1 you are not on your own ,I too am having difficulty with the AP in the Airliners ,But I think its my fault Lack of (expertise) but as far as the AP goes aparently its best to hand fly the aircraft a good way first ,but again this does rely on other things being set ,then engage AP dont take this as gosple and as Plainsman said there are vids on youtube to explain better,I personally am trying to put together the things I have seen in the various vids on youtube it can be frustrating and i am finding it hard to get get the plane to follow the VFR heading but am sure I will get there lol

Ps.Sorry for misunderstanding I thought you were on about A320.

Edited by Apollo212

Also, you have to select the correct mode. Unlike previous sims, you now have to select the mode. You can't do some things until you have met some conditions to do them. Just google "new MSFS autopilot" and you should find several videos. It isn't simple like previous sims.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi Just spent 2hrs going through a storm on AP got to the airport in flight plan and everything went to pot nothing would work ,AP would not go up or down I have the latest update for the mod installed .

All i can say the ones that can fly and land the thing deserve a medal because i cant do anything with it on takeoff or landing its just not working for me ,I would like to say I will wait for next update lol But it seems Asobo are relying on flybywire and hope everybody gets the patch IDK what the answer is ,I will try a shorter flight tomorrow lol But as of now its definately screwed for me anyway.

I don't happen to have this problem at the moment, but I clicked on the thread out of curiosity.

It seems to me it is close to insanity to sell a program of this complexity with no manual. Here we have experienced simmers looking for Youtube videos on how to run the damn thing. Say what??!!

I opened a plane the other day to discover there was no apparent way to open the GPS.

It is said that if you placed an infinite number of chimpanzees before an infinite number of typewriters, they would eventually create the entire works of William Shakespeare.

How's it goin' for ya, chimps?

Mac6737

its not possible for asobo to hire an infinite number of chimps so you need to wait for the fix while they are working with the number of chimps they have on hand at the moment.

they have tons of them!! And each one pays $100 or so to do asobo's job for them!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ap is a joke flying the A320 is a nightmare in fact I have given up on it until something is done ,I put a ticket in not long ago waited 5days to be told to check my settings and pointed to a link to get information i hope they fix it soon lol And where are all the freeware or payware Airliners they seem tp be holding off for some reason.