SimConnect Broken have tried everything to fix

Drooped Snoot

Hi,

I recently tried to get a remote hosting working for an fsx server and in the process have ruined my Simconnect. I have tried everything for fsxSE and have reinstalled multiple times, downloaded simconnect again and run the MSIs and have run the MSIs in my appdate folder. I have reinstalled the FSX in appdata from a friends pc that works and have tried everything I can think of. I have get brand new EXE.xml and DLL.xml and have changed manualload to false as well. Nothing works.

This is stopping me from flying my 737 (as its gauges need simconnect), using navmaps or using chaseplane.

Any help will do, no other forums were helping.

Snoot

Have you tried to verify the game cache?

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Check your IP address using ipconfig and compare it with the address in your Simconnect.xml.

For some reason my PC IP address changes every now and again and I have to edit the Simconnect.xml to reflect the changed IP address to get Simconnect to work again.

Trevor

This is just one reason why I wouldn't use Stream for a Sim like FSX or FS2004, etc. Too many variables to mess things up.

Your Steam folder for game installs should be in the root of C drive or on a second drive. So for example: C:\Steam\FSX. Or, E:\Steam\FSX, etc. Reason being is that the programs folder is emulated and protected by the OS and can and WILL cause issues either now or further down the road.

I'm not sure if this is a SimConnect issue or something more involved with data corruption. I've never used it, but the FSX DVD has a reapir feature to repair the installation. Maybe Steam has something like that.

I want to make sure your XML files are all right. Zip and upload both the dll.xml and exe.xml files here.

Please describe in as much detail as possible exactly what you did when you tried to get a remote host working with a FSX server.

Post #4 looks prudent, so try that first.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Check your IP address using ipconfig and compare it with the address in your Simconnect.xml.

For some reason my PC IP address changes every now and again and I have to edit the Simconnect.xml to reflect the changed IP address to get Simconnect to work again.

Trevor

I just looked on my computer and the only simconnect.xml files I have are related to the SDK or Active Sky. There's another simconnect.xml, but it's named propsimconnect.xml. What ever simconnect.xml file you have there seems to be related to some add-on. Be it a weather engine, gauge or some other add-on needing SimConnect. This means it WOULD have its own simconnect.xml.

Where is this simconnnect.xml file at? The folder path.

Your "PC IP" and network has three IPs. Classes A-C. Your localhost of the PC is 127.0.0.1. The IP for your computer from your router or modem may be something like, 192.168.1.100 and its gateway will no doubt be 192.168.1.1. This is withen your local network. Outside of your local network is the WAN (Wide Area Network) IP address from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that may be something like, 172.244.0.11 which is the IP seen by websites just like this one.

So what IP is changing? If it's your computer's IP of say, 192.168.1.100, then you have a lease issue in the router or modem. Ideally, that IP for your computer should stay the same unless you add more items to your network and bumping every device's IP to something else including yours all the time. It might even be a device on the network that is aggressive or something and wants a new IP all the time. That's just a guess.

Again, where is this simconnect.xml file located? You shouldn't have to change its contents all the time. If necessary, you could set up a static IP for your PC so the PC's IP never changes upon lease renew. If you use a class C IP range in your router or modem, you could set a static IP of something way up there that won't get used to prevent a collision (for lack of the proper term) to, 192.168.1.222.

It's just that something is vastly wrong here with that simconnect.xml file and what ever is using that file.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Trevor

EDIT: This issue has now stopped my airbus from working as the throttles need simconnect.

I dont seem to actually have an address in my simconnect.xml. Where would i put it?

Heres the xml

SimConnect Server Configuration

SimConnect.xml

Static IP4 port

IPv4

local

Static IP6 port

IPv6

local

Custom Pipe

Pipe

local

Custom\SimConnect

Dynamic IP4 port

IPv4

local

Dynamic IP6 port

IPv6

local

Default FSX Pipe

Pipe

local

Edited by Drooped Snoot

Hi guys, Just jumping onto the wagon here,If I may?

I was looking for a Simconnect trouble solver and came across this thread. I have the same problem after reinstalling FSX-SE. My C-182t is destroyed (unable to fix) I know I didn't crash it on my last run! It seems this is a simconnect issue.

Post #4 Tried it, didn't change a thing, I even used a copy of the old one (I used succesfully) from previous FSX-SE installation. Still no luck! Just like 'Drooped Snoot' I'm out of idea's.

I do hope you can shed some light on the matter and it may help me too. If by any chance I find a solution, I will gladly post it here, this is the second time I've come across this trouble. But my Date-of-birth prevents me to remember most things.

Mealone

FSX Rules!! :pilot:

What time's the next flight?

Hi Mealone.

after still being down on ideas and this thread possibly running dry, i’m going to try a possible fix i saw of a Repair Install of windows which is apparently something you can do.

It is explained here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-non-destructive-reinstall/7c40292e-00c0-4af0-a039-1bee52730c18

Supposedly this doesn’t destroy your files but instead reformists your appdata or something so if i don’t return, you’ll know why.

Snoot

Hi Snoot,

Searched the Net, It seems they all know how, but don't tell you directly how! very frustrating.

I did a complete overhaul of SimConnect, renew the ini, cfg and xml located in the users and

docs folders using the original files from FSX-SE\SDK folders.

After doing the reinstall withe the FSX-SE\SDK......SimConnect.msi

simconnect.ini to user & docs folders overwriting the previous

simconnect.xml to the users folder (Found in the SDK folders)

simconnect.cfg to the docs folder (Found in the SDK folders)

This worked! SimConnect is up and running. I added the Simconnect.ini to my doc\FSX folder so I could (when starting FSX a cmd-window appears) see what gets loaded and what was faulty.

I'm not on a network and don't multi, so I didn't need to add any port's or IP's.

I may have changed IP to 127.0.0.1 and Port 5000. Just to make sure it has some sort of address.

My C-182t was still a complete wreck, but I'm planning on reinstalling that after I uninstall

this one completely. Who knows, it might work!

I do hope it works for you or even the windows repair, do let us know here? whatever you find.

mealone :pilot:

Hi Snoot,

Searched the Net, It seems they all know how, but don't tell you directly how! very frustrating.

I did a complete overhaul of SimConnect, renew the ini, cfg and xml located in the users and

docs folders using the original files from FSX-SE\SDK folders.

After doing the reinstall withe the FSX-SE\SDK......SimConnect.msi

simconnect.ini to user & docs folders overwriting the previous

simconnect.xml to the users folder (Found in the SDK folders)

simconnect.cfg to the docs folder (Found in the SDK folders)

This worked! SimConnect is up and running. I added the Simconnect.ini to my doc\FSX folder so I could (when starting FSX a cmd-window appears) see what gets loaded and what was faulty.

I'm not on a network and don't multi, so I didn't need to add any port's or IP's.

I may have changed IP to 127.0.0.1 and Port 5000. Just to make sure it has some sort of address.

My C-182t was still a complete wreck, but I'm planning on reinstalling that after I uninstall

this one completely. Who knows, it might work!

I do hope it works for you or even the windows repair, do let us know here? whatever you find.

Oh wow! I’ll check it out and see if it works. Thank you, and good luck with the 28T.

where did you find simconnect.ini?

Edited by Drooped Snoot

Back again :)

I'm not sure, I think This was the latest version I could find (according to the date and time, compared to the xml and cfg files).

What I did forget to mention (sorry Snoot) and could be very important!

I then deleted the fault 's in the dll.xml (a clean start)

And more important maybe for you:

I'm not sure if I added the file or FSX but, in the GUAGES folder I found "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll" I copied this one from the SDK folder too.

This way all the SimConnect versions are all the same!

Oh wow! I’ll check it out and see if it works. Thank you, and good luck with the 28T.

where did you find simconnect.ini?

More than likely I used the SimConnect.ini from the FSX main folder. As this had the same date and time I installed the FSX.

As mentioned before, I found the propsimconnect.xml under the FSX\propdefs. This remains the same as the versions found in the SDK folders (according to the date and time)

I do hope this works for you, me and visitors to the forum who have the same trouble.

I'm not much of a tech freek but I am thinking about making a "batch file" that in the future, all of this can be automated, That would be awesome :cool:

More than likely I used the SimConnect.ini from the FSX main folder. As this had the same date and time I installed the FSX.

As mentioned before, I found the propsimconnect.xml under the FSX\propdefs. This remains the same as the versions found in the SDK folders (according to the date and time)

I do hope this works for you, me and visitors to the forum who have the same trouble.

I'm not much of a tech freek but I am thinking about making a "batch file" that in the future, all of this can be automated, That would be awesome :cool:

Sorry to keep dragging you back, but when you said that you put the .ini into users and documents, is the users bit like c:/users or c:/users/snoot?

Snoot

HOLY SMOKES ITS FIXED!!! I put it into c:/users and c:/users/snoot and it works!!!!!

Thanks a million Mealone. I also followed all other instructions (for future visitors).

Snoot

Fantastic news, my friend! I feel like having a PARTY to celebrate :o

Really nothing more I can say about this issue!

*Users (as in the C:\users\name\appdata\microsoft\fsx(-se) folder. Users for short!)*

Anyway, Glad I could be of help, and thanks to those who came before me on this topic.

Now all I need to remember is where I posted this mini guide. (and my login!) :p

Mealone