Latest FSTramp shows a corrupt message error when unpacking.

patcox

Hi, I have tried downloading FSTramp V8.4.4 from the Library but when I try unzipping the file I ger a checksum error. I have downloaded it 3 times, once with the firewall turned off but to no avail.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Whelp, I was going to download and verify on my end, but it's a massive 500 MB and since I don't have an upgraded account here at the moment it would take for-eveeeer to download.

Some possible issues that I can think of other than perhaps the source file sitting here on the server is corrupt.

A) Are you using a third-party file compression utility? Try the built-in Windows zip extracting facility instead and see what happens. My go-to compression utility is 7Zip.

B) Your hard drive may be dying. I doubt this is the issue, but you can do some basic checking with the SMART values with Crystal Disk Info or HDtune. The drive's manufacture may have their own disk checking tool. There's also Hard Disk Sentinel.

C) Your RAM (memory) may be defective. Windows 7 and maybe 10 have a built-in memory checker, but I like to use Memtest86. You have to boot it in a live environment like you would to install Windows. You can boot it off USB or CD. I wouldn't use the Memtest86+ version as I believe that may be outdated. If you run Memtest86, run it over night.

D) Do you use any file downloading utilities? Be it a browser add-on or program?

PS: Anti-virus software can muck crap up, too.

PPS: Try placing your browser in safe mode and try again once. To use safe mode in Firefox, press and hold the shift key and at the same time launch Firefox. For Chrome, read this.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot