Heading on automatic pilot: Serious instability issue

Hi everyone,

I am encountering a serious instability issue when using the heading on automatic pilot (AP).

For a while, everything works fine. But as I am in a flight and I start to control my heading with the automatic heading on AP, the program goes haywire. The heading bug begins to rotate around and around, and I lose all FS2020 functionality. The keys stop working, I lose control of my mouse, and I have no choice but to shut down the program using the Task Manager.

When I control the heading on AP, I use the handy keyboard commands of CTRL+Insert and CTRL+Delete. Especially if I start adjusting the heading rapidly -- but even if I make nice and slow heading changes -- all of a sudden this problem comes up.

It is really annoying, and it should be fixed.

I hope that the FS2020 developers address this serious instability issue.

Thank you for listening.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Just a question, are you by chance using Active Pause BEFORE this issue starts happening?
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

I can't say that I have had this issue. What aircraft is this with? One in particular or all of them?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

First, no, this problem has not occurred after having used Active Pause.

Second, I have flown only a few aircraft, but it is happening with all of them that I have flown.

Understand, please, this occurs when I am using the heading setting with AP. As I start to change my heading with CTRL-Delete and CTRL-Insert very fast, then this starts. But it even happens when I am being deliberately very slow and gradual changing my heading.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Might be a bug/conflict with keybindings. What happens if you adjust heading bug with your mouse? You might also try to change heading bug adjustments to other keys to track down possible binding conflict.
+1

My thoughts too in case this is a keyboard issue. Definitely worth trying to assign a couple of joystick buttons to see if that changes things.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi Stanley, I've tested this too and have no problems with Ctrl+Delete or Ctrl+Insert when changing AP Heading.

I agree with Scratch/Rapsu and stinger2k2, this may be either a keyboard or key bindings problem.

If you have a spare keyboard (or can borrow one) try that as a test.

If the problem still occurs, it's the key bindings (key assignments) in the control settings screen.

Try deleting the assignments for Heading Bug, then close and relaunch the sim.

Re-assign the original Heading Bug commands again and take a test flight.

Edit: One more thought and this might sound unlikely, but it could be that your FPS is set too high. Try reducing your FPS to say, 20 just as a test and see if it happens again.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi everyone,

Apparent success!

I guess that the key bindings were the problem. I changed the keys to be the left bracket ([) and the right bracket (]), and so far everything seems to be good. Actually, these two keys, were not used in any event, are more convenient -- I only need to press one key instead of two.

Thank you all so much.

Stanley

Hi everyone,

Apparent success!

I guess that the key bindings were the problem. I changed the keys to be the left bracket ([) and the right bracket (]), and so far everything seems to be good. Actually, these two keys, were not used in any event, are more convenient -- I only need to press one key instead of two.

Thank you all so much.

Stanley

Glad you have it sorted Stanley [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk