Usaf t41

BillD22

Here's a couple of shots of the FS2020 C172 in the USAF paint scheme for the T41 "Mescalero." T41s were "off the shelf" C172s purchased by the Air Force in the mid 60's to use as pilot screening airplanes and later, with some mods, to train cadets at the Air Force Academy.

Good to see some military repaints starting to show up in FS2020. Now for some fully functional military airplanes!! Can you say F14? P3?!! :D

The repaint

t411.jpg

t413.jpg

The real airplane

T41real.jpg

T41real2.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Nice repaint! Over time I expect you'll see a lot of hobbyists repainting and modifying aircraft in 2020. It's already being done in every other format I know about. ;)

For sure Michael - but in FS2020 I think we're going to have to wait for the commercial 3rd party addons to come along for true stand alone airplanes - unless maybe some of the FSX models can be converted.

Ah, brings back old memories, Bill! I got to fly a T41 on many occasions at the NAS Millington (2M8) flying club back in the early 90s. My step father was the chief flight instructor for a long while. The T41 was the only 172 I got to fly with a 200hp engine. This one was primarily used in Colorado before they transferred it to 2M8. What a joy it was to fly. The rest of the flying we did together was in one of the 3 T-34 Mentors. Looking back on those days, the flying club had an over abundance of single and twin engine aircraft to fly. We certainly never got bored!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Looking good. I do remember seeing them around.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]