No mention of an AP fix in the next patch - Unacceptable

As much as we are trying to support this sim we need to take a stand here. Asobo broke a key function of FS2020 and looking at the patch notes there's no mention of a correction in the next patch. We as a community figured out how to fix many things do to the lack of something I really don't know going on at Asobo. The community figured out how to improve the A320, CJ4, G36, and KingAir. In the last patch because of complaints by a few in the community about tree height ASOBO screwed up the LOD distance rendering trying to fix the issue for 'some' leaving very talented people here to not only fix that issue but address the tall building issue. The last major thing from 1.9 is the bouncing autopilot and it looks like we'll be waiting till who knows when when that will be fixed (not mention of a fix in the coming update). This is not acceptable. We can give Asobo a little space knowing this sim was released early but you can't break what was already working and just leave it. I setup a thread in the official forums:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/we-need-the-bouncing-autopilot-fixed-in-next-patch-patition/298187

Please show your support in being very vocal in getting Asobo to correct the things they break.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/Dillon01.jpg

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Voting closed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, because it was already on the Asobo list for patches 5 and 9.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I read it as 5 through 9, meaning it could be another 6 months before this is fixed. I guess either not enough people voted to bump it up the priority list or they don't know how to fix it !

I have an easy fix, just roll the sim back to before the last update ! Simples!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I read it as, it is work in process and the immediate issues resolved in patch 5. Patch 9 (by looking at other patch 9 issues) seems to be an overhaul of flight mechanics that affect planes.

From the outside looking in, it’s hard to say how and when. We are still under two months into this great new sim..hang in there!

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I could really start to explore and enjoy what this potentially awesome sim has to offer if they would just make these airliners behave. As "lite" as they were, at least the default aircraft in FSX did what they were supposed to do without all the drama. These default airliners are really beautiful inside and out, and I think the sounds and effects are top-shelf. But you can't fly them without autopilot and avionics that do the basics properly.

No fun for me in this sim until they fix it. P3D with all my awesome study level liners is where I'll be until they get this sorted.

according to the oldest fairy tale even god couldn't create the world in one day.... patience is the key and understanding.... I can not being to grasp the workload for ASOBO, they get my respect.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I could really start to explore and enjoy what this potentially awesome sim has to offer if they would just make these airliners behave. As "lite" as they were, at least the default aircraft in FSX did what they were supposed to do without all the drama. These default airliners are really beautiful inside and out, and I think the sounds and effects are top-shelf. But you can't fly them without autopilot and avionics that do the basics properly.

No fun for me in this sim until they fix it. P3D with all my awesome study level liners is where I'll be until they get this sorted.

Well the modded A320 ain't bad - I'm currently seeing if I can squeeze it across the pond from KJFK to EGLL - but it is still heavily dependant on Asobo sorting out core issues. That includes an AP that stays on and a FMC that remembers your flight plan reloading a saved game, the APP mode not suddenly deciding to fly you direct to the destination airport not to mention (the latest bug) not having to fly solo without any other aircraft in the sky to avoid the camera/CTD glitch.

Otherwise apart from the nice scenery, in flying terms we might as well be back in A320 by Thalion.

Vern.

according to the oldest fairy tale even god couldn't create the world in one day.... patience is the key and understanding.... I can not being to grasp the workload for ASOBO, they get my respect.....

Hey, give some respect to the Sumerians around Ninevah, 1850 BCE years farther back, and their much older religion's world creation story! Though that's probably a copy of even older stories. :p

Patience, yes, I'm patiently waiting for the AP fix before I consider buying MSFS.

Hey, give some respect to the Sumerians around Ninevah, 1850 BCE years farther back, and their much older religion's world creation story! Though that's probably a copy of even older stories. :p

Patience, yes, I'm patiently waiting for the AP fix before I consider buying MSFS.

Yes I'm actually well versed in the Anunnaki..... bet they didn't have bugs in their flying machines lol

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I would have been happier to see some solidarity with other users about the need to get this sim working properly for those of us who decided to give it a chance.

Instead, it's a festival of "Haha, you spent your money and got burned!"

Gah!

I would have been happier to see some solidarity with other users about the need to get this sim working properly for those of us who decided to give it a chance.

Instead, it's a festival of "Haha, you spent your money and got burned!"

Gah!

from what I've seen there is solidarity and a great deal of help on this forum.... to say asobo's performance is Unacceptable is probably not the best way to get a good response..... collectively the forum member make up a wealth of valuable information across all the simulator platforms.... you just need to learn how to ask, attitude is never a good idea........ if you're frustrated like most of us get take time out and cool down before posting your questions that will work wonders ha..... just a little advice from the older generation......

Edited by daspinall

The previous link for support fix was closed due to repetition

This is the link to upvote

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-dolphin-dance-is-back-in-1-9-3-0-pitch-oscillations/288096

And as moderators in MSFS have said, Asobo team is aware and a fix should come out i. Next patch.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I read it as, it is work in process and the immediate issues resolved in patch 5. Patch 9 (by looking at other patch 9 issues) seems to be an overhaul of flight mechanics that affect planes.

From the outside looking in, it’s hard to say how and when. We are still under two months into this great new sim..hang in there!

maybe patch # 55

overall I think the sim is a work in progress. I can fly all my aircraft, or at least the ones that I want to fly. the AP is the biggest problem by far, but all that means to me, is I have to fly the aircraft....what a concept, I fly the aircraft in stead of AP. Like most, I am lazy, and then I fly by hand, I am all over the place....many things are happening as a air craft travels through the sky. But when I look out the window of the cockpit.....it is beautiful. At 10 feet, at 20000 feet, it look great. Come on guys, it only cost 60-70 bucks.....not that much. I have wasted way more than that on one night of eating and drinking....way more. This sim is the future for us die hards.

I have 2-17" monitors running, 1 - 49" curved, and 1-27" overhead.