Afcad for Aerosoft Lukla Mount Everest

Stewie

The scenery has an afcad (AF2_VNL2), but there is no runway or parking with that afcad that allows me to add gates for ai traffic. Does anyone have an afcad that shows runway and parking for this scenery or suggestions on how I can resolve? Thanks!

The topic of "AI traffic in the mountains" has interested or occupied me for a long time. Because wherever mountains rise high, no sensible AI flight can be designed. There are a few files that allow a curved approach. Above all for Kai Tak, but then also Samedan and, as here, Innsbruck.

14747884022_ecfc7c1ef2_b.jpg

The only problem is that the plane has already made its way through mountains miles before. Curved approach or not.

Some time ago I searched how to fly beginning Sixties to the newly build Nepalese airfield Lukla with AI. The only solution was the helicopter and some waypoints in order o fly to the airfield from the plain and through an open valley. But because AI only use departure runways in one direction, the helicopter would then have flown straight into the mountain and crash.

The solution was two Afcad - one for the approach, the other in the opposite direction for the departure. During the night the AI ​​is changed so that on the other day the helicopter is in the same place as the one that flew to the day before. It will look like that:

The first Allouette on landing ...

49335031797_02cff1dd95_b.jpg

and the second on departure back to Kathmandu

49335154036_dfbba579a1_b.jpg

It does not work or works very poorly with other machines. And the flight is not that absurd, especially since an Alouette III set a landing record on the 6,000 meter high Deo Tibba in the western Himalayas in the early 1960s. The main aim was to impress the Indian Air Force as a potential customer.

BTW, I'm really surprised that some uploaded here Nepalese AI traffic which in most cases won't work.

Bernard

The scenery has an afcad (AF2_VNL2), but there is no runway or parking with that afcad that allows me to add gates for ai traffic. Does anyone have an afcad that shows runway and parking for this scenery or suggestions on how I can resolve? Thanks!

Did you download this from the library here? I can edit this airport and add parking, etc.

Edit-

Oh, It's an Aerosoft airport. Well, I'd have to buy it to edit it. I don't think you can give me the AFCAD for me to edit on grounds of copyright crap.

Oh, It's an Aerosoft airport. Well, I'd have to buy it to edit it. I don't think you can give me the AFCAD for me to edit on grounds of copyright crap.

Sorry, but what would be wrong to do privately things for somebody else? Even more for a very old FS version and for a probably no less old addon. There are generations since 2003, and nobody cares two hoots about it anymore.

Bernard

Did you download this from the library here? I can edit this airport and add parking, etc.

Edit-

With Aerosoft no longer offering this scenery, would you look at it and advise me how I could get it to work? Please also advise how I could send it to you as well, if possible. TY

It's a touchy subject. Even if something is no longer in production, it is in fact intellectual property. Just because something is "old" or not being made anymore doesn't mean it's just "free" for the taking.

Let me give you a little story on this in hopes of educating the readers out there. When Game Spy shut down they of course took with them many games including the great Battlefield 2's ability to play. Now I loved BF2 with the AIX mod to make the game even better. Even when the game was released sometime circa 2005, I still played the game years latter until Game Spy shut down. Then one day along came a third-party client from a website that allowed you to still play BF2 without the need for Game Spy. But their massive mistake was to also allow everyone and their great uncle to download this "old" and supposedly now "free" game. Well, EA ( Electronic Arts) sent them a letter which I did read since they publicly posted it, and they were nice in the letter and everything, but said in a polite way that they couldn't do what they were doing so they had to shut down.

Now today there is a long running third-party client allowing you to play BF2 called BF2 Hub, but they DO NOT offer a download of the game. You'd either have to own the game from the get go or purchase it on eBay or what ever. There's also a third-party client for some Command & Conquer games like Zero Hour and Red Alert.

So you see here, just because a game or what ever is "old" doesn't mean it's free unless it's made free by the creator. This legal crap is very important to creators of python scrips, PHP scripts, .EXEs, etc at Github, SorceForge, etc. They will have a license file stating what their work is licensed under. A lot of times you see something like Creative Commons or GNU, or MIT, etc. All have different weight depending on what you're doing. In my case, a friend of mine creates a free firewall script coded principally in PHP for websites that I use that has an MIT license. Where did all this crap come from? Probably Bill Gates. HAHAHA! I kid, I kid.

At any rate, to add parking to this AFCAD airport file you'll want Airport Design Editor. You'll need to know how to use it which is very simple pertaining to just parking. You'll also have to ascertain which BGL file in your install is the airport file. It may be the named the ICAO name its self. Make sure you add taxi paths that connect the parking spots to the taxiways and runway. And add night lighting to the taxi paths (if the airport in real life has it) but for God sakes, not the parking spot as well. I can't tell you how many airport files I had to hand edit to either A) add lighting or B) pull lights out of a parking spot. LOL Ever been to a commercial airport? See a bunch of taxi lights running down the parking spot? I never have. :D

If you give me a print screen of what the files look like in your install, I could perhaps take a guess as to which BGL file would be the AFCAD you'd load into ADE for editing. Make damn sure you backup the original though.

Don't know how to take a print screen? Two ways:

A) The easiest, and this applies to Windows 7 and maybe 10. In the search orb in search begin typing snipping tool. Open that, and with the airport add-on install folder open with its files, crop a square around the area you want to screen grab. The resulting image file will be in png format. Upload here using the advanced reply feature.

B) With the add-on folder open showing its files, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Now go into your favorite paint program like Paint or Photoshop, etc and go to Edit | Paste. Now once you have the image loaded into your Paint program you can crop your areas of interest (in this case the files in the add-on), and save as a jpg. Upload here.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

It's a touchy subject. Even if something is no longer in production, it is in fact intellectual property. Just because something is "old" or not being made anymore doesn't mean it's just "free" for the taking.

Let me give you a little story on this in hopes of educating the readers out there. When Game Spy shut down they of course took with them many games including the great Battlefield 2's ability to play. Now I loved BF2 with the AIX mod to make the game even better. Even when the game was released sometime circa 2005, I still played the game years latter until Game Spy shut down. Then one day along came a third-party client from a website that allowed you to still play BF2 without the need for Game Spy. But their massive mistake was to also allow everyone and their great uncle to download this "old" and supposedly now "free" game. Well, EA ( Electronic Arts) sent them a letter which I did read since they publicly posted it, and they were nice in the letter and everything, but said in a polite way that they couldn't do what they were doing so they had to shut down.

Now today there is a long running third-party client allowing you to play BF2 called BF2 Hub, but they DO NOT offer a download of the game. You'd either have to own the game from the get go or purchase it on eBay or what ever. There's also a third-party client for some Command & Conquer games like Zero Hour and Red Alert.

So you see here, just because a game or what ever is "old" doesn't mean it's free unless it's made free by the creator. This legal crap is very important to creators of python scrips, PHP scripts, .EXEs, etc at Github, SorceForge, etc. They will have a license file stating what their work is licensed under. A lot of times you see something like Creative Commons or GNU, or MIT, etc. All have different weight depending on what you're doing. In my case, a friend of mine creates a free firewall script coded principally in PHP for websites that I use that has an MIT license. Where did all this crap come from? Probably Bill Gates. HAHAHA! I kid, I kid.

At any rate, to add parking to this AFCAD airport file you'll want Airport Design Editor. You'll need to know how to use it which is very simple pertaining to just parking. You'll also have to ascertain which BGL file in your install is the airport file. It may be the named the ICAO name its self. Make sure you add taxi paths that connect the parking spots to the taxiways and runway. And add night lighting to the taxi paths (if the airport in real life has it) but for God sakes, not the parking spot as well. I can't tell you how many airport files I had to hand edit to either A) add lighting or B) pull lights out of a parking spot. LOL Ever been to a commercial airport? See a bunch of taxi lights running down the parking spot? I never have. :D

If you give me a print screen of what the files look like in your install, I could perhaps take a guess as to which BGL file would be the AFCAD you'd load into ADE for editing. Make damn sure you backup the original though.

Don't know how to take a print screen? Two ways:

A) The easiest, and this applies to Windows 7 and maybe 10. In the search orb in search begin typing snipping tool. Open that, and with the airport add-on install folder open with its files, crop a square around the area you want to screen grab. The resulting image file will be in png format. Upload here using the advanced reply feature.

B) With the add-on folder open showing its files, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Now go into your favorite paint program like Paint or Photoshop, etc and go to Edit | Paste. Now once you have the image loaded into your Paint program you can crop your areas of interest (in this case the files in the add-on), and save as a jpg. Upload here.

Thank you!

Instead spending a lot of time for clarifing whether it's legal or not to modifiy ADE, I would suggest to use the default Afcad and let an AI flying there. I guess the matter will be off the table very fast.

Bernard

Modify ADE? Or use ADE to modify the airport?

Also, using the default AFCAD could have issues with the paid-for add-on and its object placement and what not. There's a reason why the Dev develops their own AFCAD...

With ADE I ment Afcad. The second term seems to be considered as oldish.

Anyway, I suggested to use the default Afcad and deactivate the addon and see what happens there. I reallly doubt that any will be able to let AI doing correct and acxeptable approachs, landings and take offs at Lukla. If someone likes to let them flying through a lot of mountains, than of course it will be absolutely ok.

In a way it's like flying at Arctic circle, at least with FS9.

Bernard

Edited by leuen